Interview later :O

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie4156

Reaction score
So I have a job interview later and I'm dreading the 'so tell me about yourself' question! Truth is I am only a level 2 and I need to gain more knowledge and experience from them! So how do I answer this question without feeling useless a I'm training and not experienced in much :( xx

Do they know you are level 2? If so they will understand that you are at the start of your career and you won't have that much experience. What you need to do is show them that you are responsible, dependable and enthusiastic. Be open and chatty, smile and tell them why you love this industry. If you are passionate it will shine through and let them know that you are willing to learn. Good luck huni, if it's meant to be it will be xx

Do they know you are level 2? If so they will understand that you are at the start of your career and you won't have that much experience. What you need to do is show them that you are responsible, dependable and enthusiastic. Be open and chatty, smile and tell them why you love this industry. If you are passionate it will shine through and let them know that you are willing to learn. Good luck huni, if it's meant to be it will be xx

Yes they know I'm only level 2 as it was mentioned in my cover letter, I saw the salon advertise for a level 2 apprenticeship so I sent a cv and cover letter in saying I was free for full/part time level 2 work also seeking an apprenticeship placement for my level 3 if the opportunity was there.. So I'm not sure if they're interviewing me to be an apprenticeship or full/part time worker! Thanks for your advice I hope I get this! xx

Well either way the fact that you have an interview is great, it means they're interested in you!
Be confident and sell yourself :biggrin:
Keep us posted xx

Well either way the fact that you have an interview is great, it means they're interested in you!
Be confident and sell yourself :biggrin:
Keep us posted xx

Ah thanks :D my mom was a hairdresser years ago and apparently this salon owner ran all sorts of competitions for the college and my mom won! Hope he remembers that lol and also my moms college friend she trained with has her salon still and also remembers him and said if I can get in his salon il learn a lot not just be used as a skivvy lol, I won't mention them until the end though so its not unnecessary waffling during th interview! Il let you know how I get on :D keep your fingers and toes crossed xx

The "tell me about yourself" question is very common at interviews. What they want to know is why you are interested in doing beauty rather than personal information about you. (e.g hobbies, pets...)
Prepare an answer that will show that you are passionate and motivated.
Don't keep it too long either. Make sure it's short but to the point.
Also, just another advise, have an answer ready to questions like what is your strenght and what is you weakness. I always get this question asked at interviews.
Hope this helps and good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
The "tell me about yourself" question is very common at interviews. What they want to know is why you are interested in doing beauty rather than personal information about you. (e.g hobbies, pets...)
Prepare an answer that will show that you are passionate and motivated.
Don't keep it too long either. Make sure it's short but to the point.
Also, just another advise, have an answer ready to questions like what is your strenght and what is you weakness. I always get this question asked at interviews.
Hope this helps and good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Yeah I know it's related to the job! Which is why I am nervous to this question as I don't feel I have a whole lot to offer them yet my confidence and experience needs building!

My strengths and weaknesses are sorted :D

Thank you both for taking the time to reply xx

Hi geeks just updating about the interview!

First of all he was with a client at the time so he gave me a seat in a salon chair to wait then we went upstairs so it was more private...

He didn't really ask much scary questions more about my age, when I would be 18, what school I went to, what college I attend and how long I've been there and what days I'd be free to work which was all in the cover letter!

Which is all in my cv so I asked did you not receive the cv thn? He said yes just not had chance to look through it yet I've been on holiday, lol.. Sounds dodgy he called me in just from my cover letter then!

He said he leaving it a month for the job to be advertised for other applicants but also said don't hesitate to pester me so we don't forget you... Basically I need a junior fast I've had no other applicants do ask me in a few days when I've decided!

After that he said do you have any questions so I asked which colour range he uses he said wella for semi's some matrix but main one is NXT

Then he said thanks for coming in and feel free to pester me from now until end of month so I don't forget you! Lol I know he's a good teacher and stuff as my mom and her friend have said and he has had his business for 32 years but i don't know what to think of the interview, I researched questions and made myself nervous for nothing! Wether that's good or bad I don't know!

He said he'd prefer me to do an apprenticeship to teach me from the very start xx

Latest posts

Back