Interview - Micro teaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie86

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I could do with a bit of advice, as I have an interview next week and need to prepare a micro teaching session on powerpoint. It is supposed to last no longer than 15 minutes and the topic is: "Maintaining Professional Standards", concentrating on 'practical assessments in commercial salons'.

What I'm unsure about is whether I need to present it to the students on how they would maintain professional standards, during their practical assessments, or how I, as an assessor would need to ensure that professional standards are met?

I e-mailed to ask and they said it's entirely up to me how I want to interpret the question :confused:
How would you all interpret this? I only have a week to prepare it so I want to make sure I get it right straight away, so that I can start researching.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hi

What is the interview for? Are you a tutor?

Maintaining professional standards From a tutors point of view or a stylists.

A stylists point of view would start right fm the minute a client walks in to the salon. So setting up your work station, checking for skin testing etc etc it could then progress onto professional development. Going on courses etc

From a tutors point of view it would basically mean following the standards set by habit for city and guilds log books. I need more I for really to guide you xx

Sorry just re read post do it from both points of view a student and tutor how you would ensure they at meeting the criteria etc etc xx

Hi Jody2412,

Thanks for your reply, it is an interview to become a lecturer. I only have 15 minutes so I suppose I'll just have to keep it quite basic. Doing it from both points of view is a good idea though.

Thanks for your help.

If its a micro teach then it's you teaching the class the subject xx

Make sure you are informing the panel as though they have no previous knowledge. Have hand outs ready too. They will be looking for presentation, confidence and organisational skills. Is the interview in front of them or a class? Im a Tutor so im seeing it from both sides Xx

Make sure you are informing the panel as though they have no previous knowledge. Have hand outs ready too. They will be looking for presentation, confidence and organisational skills. Is the interview in front of them or a class? Im a Tutor so im seeing it from both sides Xx

It's in front of a small class of about 6. Thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated x

Latest posts

Back