Interview nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph41

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have an interview tomorrow (my day job) and I seem to have got myself in a right state :eek:
Can anyone give me some tips on how to control my nerves !!!!

Thanks

Steph x

Breathe, prepare, research! Once you have taken a deep breath research the business as whatever product or service u may be selling or doing. Then get your clothes ready, fill the bath with bubbles ad relax.
Try your best, extend answers eg, "my name is x and I live in x with my children and husband" that just won't cut it, elaborate... Eg, "my name is x, I live in x with my x children and husband. In my free time I like to x, x and x with x I have a passion for x and x( use the first x to big up that you are interested in te job by using what u researched you will be selling/doing)."

Beware of what your weak points are, expect that as a question and turn it around, something like "my IT skills need improvement but I have bought a typing skills book to help me improve on this" it shows you are looking to improve yourself.

And after all that, be yourself. Personality is everything! Smile and greet them when they ask you to enter the interview room. Maybe even extend your hand to shake because te first 30 seconds are the most important, oh and introduce yourself as soon as you see them too.

Best of luck hun! Be you and I'm sure you will do great! Xoxo

couldnt give better advice, be honest about your weakness we all have 1 but dont be negative..

Excellent advice above. Imagining your interviewer on the toilet apparently helps you bring them down off their pedestal (sorry no pun intended there). :eek:

i would get the giggles if i thought of that :lol:

Excellent advice above. Imagining your interviewer on the toilet apparently helps you bring them down off their pedestal (sorry no pun intended there). :eek:

:lol:

Be yourself, smile and make eye contact.

Be on time, dress smartly and try and do as much research about the company as you can.

Don't worry about being nervous, you wouldn't be normal if you weren't and they will allow for that.

Think before you speak and remember a nice firm hand shake... as my Dad used to say "nothing worse than someone giving me their hand and expecting me to do all the work" :wink2:

The very best of luck :hug:

Deep breaths.

Preparation Is key. If you've done the preparation then you have less to worry about - cv, answers to the usual questions, your clothes and nails etc.

I get really nervous beforehand but I'm always fine once the interview starts.

I love the phrase "what's meant for you won't go by you" - in other words if the job is right for you and you've done the preparation then you will get it.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for the advice .... All I do know is it's a panel interview so I will imagine them sat on the loo :lol:That's the best bit of advice x

But seriously thanks so much for your help I will be me and I've done my research.

Steph x

So funny!

In a panel interview try to make eye contact with each person not just the one who asked the question.

Dont forget to smile.

Good luck.

Always remember an interview is a two way thing.Its not only about them finding out if you are suitable for the job, it is also for you to find out about the company & if you want to work there.

Make sure you have a couple of questions to ask them at the end of the interview.

Good luck x

Just a quick update..... interview went well and they rang me later this afternoon to say i had got the job :lol: its not in nails but it will fund my CND training !!! so it does have a good side.

Thanks again for replies x

Just a quick update..... interview went well and they rang me later this afternoon to say i had got the job :lol: its not in nails but it will fund my CND training !!! so it does have a good side.

Thanks again for replies x

Yaay!! Congratulations!!

Bet it was the picturing them on the loo bit that did it for you :lol: :wink2:

Delighted for you!

Follow all of above excellent advice
Breathe smile relax ,
Good luck xxxxxx

congrats glad it went well for you, xx

congrat hun x

Sorry I'm a bit late catching up with this, but congratulations :hug:

Ah. Thank you x must go and update profile now x

Latest posts