Interview questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyJen

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm recruiting at my salon for a part time beauty therapist. There are lots of threads on here giving great advice to those going for interviews, but im looking for help as the interviewer. I have a few ladies coming for interviews over the next two weeks. I have some questions in mind that I will be asking, but just wondered if there is anything I'm forgetting to ask... So what do you think are the key questions I should ask? And any good tips on holding a good interview and trade test. From the interviewers point of view. Thanks in advance x

BEFORE THE INTERVIEW
Review their CV carefully
Check qualifications
Check references
Decide on your questions and write them out - make sure you ask each candidate the same questions to make sure you are comparing them equally. I think the following questions are good:

What are you strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
What's the most difficult situation you've dealt with?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What's your favourite job / task / treatment?
What's your least favourite job / task / treatment?
What would you change / improve about this salon? (see how tactful they are and also see what ideas they have and how their minds work).

I hope this helps? Let us know how the interview goes and what questions you found the most useful.

Latest posts

Back