Interview!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
A friend of mine had her nails admired by her hairdresser last week........Friend explained about me........lady phoned me up today and I have got to go to her salon next wednesday!! OMG!!!!:rolleyes:
I am very exciting but also very arrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
I am going to take my CV, a portfolio of the nails I have worked on already and I have to do a full set on a lady there!
The self doubt is kicking in big time. I am awful for it. But, you gotta be in it to win it!
Any advise gratefully received!!
Got to talk about renting or % of what I make.........stock, me or her supplying..all that stuff.........and I have to calm myself so I can do a set of nails.:Scared:

Wow how exciting!!:)

You will be fine I'm sure. Do you know the set up at the salon? Will they have a room spare or a table in the salon?

It's lovely when you find out that people are admiring your work, well done you.:hug:

deep breath and be confident in your abilities.... if you act confident everyone around you will feel at ease...

Besides being nervous will produce adrenaline...work with it instead of against it...

When you have done your interview and the full set...go home and have an enormously giganticly big stiff drink :lol:

Good luck...and spray some lavender on the end of your nose just before you walk in to calm you down :green: xxxxxxxx

Debs it's a blank canvas!! She's jus bought a new premises and is totally doing it all out. Will be ready December ish I think she said. She said on the phone that we can go and look at it on the wednesday and I can let her know what I would need! She said I would have my own little room because of the smell from the L&P and she thinks it would be better to have the beauty side in a separate area!!
I will be confident..............WE CAN DO THIS!!
I have rescue remedy here so can drink that!!! Will do my best to work with the adrenaline!! Thanks guys!!

Debs it's a blank canvas!! She's jus bought a new premises and is totally doing it all out. Will be ready December ish I think she said. She said on the phone that we can go and look at it on the wednesday and I can let her know what I would need! She said I would have my own little room because of the smell from the L&P and she thinks it would be better to have the beauty side in a separate area!!
I will be confident..............WE CAN DO THIS!!
I have rescue remedy here so can drink that!!! Will do my best to work with the adrenaline!! Thanks guys!!

OMG that sounds fantastic! When you go round don't look at it as an interview as such as if you are renting or paying a percentage, then you are still your own boss, not an employee.

(Oh and have you started designed the room in your head yet?:lol::lol:)

Hey sounds fantastic, just wanted to wish you loads of luck for wednesday!!

Deep breath in through your nose whilst saying to yourself "I can do this!" - A fellow geek told me this and it works!

Keeps us posted!

Jacqui

thanks all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Yes ur right again Debs!!lol ::show off::
And after all,she phoned me after seeing my work!!
arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can do this!!

Fantastic news ... go for it and lots of luck for Wednesday :hug:

This is great news, wishing you all the best for Wednesday. You can do it hun as has been said deep breaths and loads of self-belief. Go girl and show them what you can do:hug::hug: xxxxx

Latest posts

Back