Intimate/bikini wax- age limit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisKross

Reaction score
What's the youngest age would you do a Brazilian on a client?

My insurance does not give any guidance on age. I have been contacted by a 16 year old who wants to book an appointment. She's asked, if I won't do a brazilian (and I'm inclined to say I won't do it on anyone under 18), will I do a basic bikini wax. I'm really not sure on this.

Any advice would be gratefully received?!

I would only do a bikini wax on under 18's.

I would only do a bikini wax on under 18's.
I have done a full Hollywood on a16 year old. Her mum brought her discussed it with me. She has major issues regarding body hair and has been shaving it all off, front and back for about 18 months. There was a lot of scratching and soreness from it.

I don't know how I'd feel about doing a 16 year old generally. I have had a lot of young girls who have been having Brazilians for a long time come to me at around 18 so they have been having it done somewhere. Many of them are boarders at private school and it seems like there is a lot of pressure for young girls to 'conform' especially in this environment where they're all getting undressed together!

Vic x

I wouldn't touch anyone under the age of 18 without a parent being present or having their consent as they are still legally a child.

I agree with Carlalouise I would not do a brazilian on a person under the age of 18 without the Mother being present. I only wax under 18's with a signed letter from the Mother (or legal guardian) and insist they must be present during the treatment. Really the only unders I have waxed are Daughters to Clients I already have

I would not do one for under 16 years of age. I had one girl who was 16 but she had her school uniform on so I asked if I could get permission from her mum. The mum called me to say it was fine and i got her text me her permission just to be on the safe side.

I would not do one for under 16 years of age. I had one girl who was 16 but she had her school uniform on so I asked if I could get permission from her mum. The mum called me to say it was fine and i got her text me her permission just to be on the safe side.
As 16 is still the "legal" age limit for sex (I know it goes on much earlier) - I would be happy with that on checking my insurance and with parental/guardian attendance and permission

I believe some insurance companies still say need to obtain consent for 16 and 17 year olds.

Thanks everyone, on this occasion I said no to a Brazilian but yes to basic bikini and I haven't heard from her since. Thanks for all the advice!

Latest posts

Back