Intimate question about intimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kim,

Well I used to do approx 16 clients a day and most had a braz or h/wood so by wearing one glove it saves you another 16 for the next day!!

I never touch the client with my ungloved right hand (spatula hand) as I only hold spatulas in it and rip wax with it... it never has skin to skin contact as my left hand is my press and stretch hand... if Im feeling flash I will flick the wax of with my spatula ;) only when Im training though... not sure clients would appreciate my circus skills!
I'm hearing ya Emma Rose:hug: but I wax on the same scale as you and I'm a busy trainer, so I can afford to treat my clients to the cost of another glove……….after all, what's three pence between friends. Not digging you out, it's all said with affection. x

Not sure what type of male clients that your salon attracts... But I only wax men and have loads of really nice clients and never have come across men that are as unclean as you say!!...

don't be rude towards her!

everyone is entitled to their opinion on here - no need to be cheeky towards them

I was not being rude or cheeky...

As both a male waxer and as a client I think these generalisations give out the wrong impression of what we are like as clients...

I have worked in a spa environment and have treated both sexes and I am sure for those that also have can confirm that the balance is probably fairly equal...

Jack

I didn't read Jack's reply as rude or cheeky either.
I think if people are going to make a statement that men aren't the cleanest of creatures, then people are going to be understandably annoyed.
Most men have this treatment for a clean 'thing' so it would be extremely rare to get one that was not scrupulously clean.
As I said, I have never had one!
Anyway, this thread is going a bit off track now so maybe we should get back to the original question :)

Last edited:
MisstyB I do apologise I think I've just been rambling on!

I think any thread including the phrase 'flappy labia' can only go one way to be honest!!! Thanks for everyones replys, very helpful thread.:hug:

MisstyB I think you've got a great range of good answers! I have nothing to add that hasn't been said but didn't want to read n run! I too use Lycon. I also live in a hot n humid climate and find the Lycon Lycotec white Hot wax fab for intimate waxing and add a dash of talc underneath, I find it (talc) works better for me than oil in the heat. I feel for you, I've been in a similar situation on a number of ocassions but learnt early enough to just get in there, so to speak, and find there's not much that phases me anymore lol. Not to sound too weird but intimate waxing is one of my fave services when waxing, prob because clients feel so fab afterwards more so than other treatments! :)

As far as I can remember (and correct me if I'm wrong!) in 'The Whole Ball of Wax' DVD Lori Nestore doesn't wear gloves at all when she was demonstrating intimate waxing. I was kinda shocked by it as I'm so meticulous about wearing them even for just basic bikini!

I didn't read Jack's reply as rude or cheeky either.
I think if people are going to make a statement that men aren't the cleanest of creatures, then people are going to be understandably annoyed.
Most men have this treatment for a clean 'thing' so it would be extremely rare to get one that was not scrupulously clean.
As I said, I have never had one!
Anyway, this thread is going a bit off track now so maybe we should get back to the original question :)

yeh it was rude because emma was posting about her own experiences of waxing and jack and you are implying that its unlikely she came across an unhygenic man... like hello lol.. unless you both have been in the room with her waxing who are you to say that it hasn't happened?

Jack is a well respected and extremely helpful Geek and I don't think he was being cheeky or rude either.

And nonetheless, as you say "everyone is entitled to their opinion on here"

yeh it was rude because emma was posting about her own experiences of waxing and jack and you are implying that its unlikely she came across an unhygenic man... like hello lol.. unless you both have been in the room with her waxing who are you to say that it hasn't happened?
I guess the point that Jack was trying to make is that men are often given a hard time as clients when in fact they are often model clients, and that includes arriving for their treatment clean. Just a misunderstanding I think. Anyway, if Jack gets a dirty client, he gives 'em a quick rub down with abitofrough.com and they're good to go x

Jack is a well respected and extremely helpful Geek and I don't think he was being cheeky or rude either.

And nonetheless, as you say "everyone is entitled to their opinion on here"

... but not to undermine the experiences of others regardless of how respected or helpful of a geek you are.

I guess the point that Jack was trying to make is that men are often given a hard time as clients when in fact they are often model clients, and that includes arriving for their treatment clean. Just a misunderstanding I think. Anyway, if Jack gets a dirty client, he gives 'em a quick rub down with abitofrough.com and they're good to go x

I hear you Kim and see what you is saying I'm not debating whether men are clean or not lols just making the point that if someone is posting based on their experiences - and to be fair from emmas post we can see very clearly she has a lot of experince and info to share - that they should be allowed to share those experiences without someone basically insinuating that they are wrong

I hear you Kim and see what you is saying I'm not debating whether men are clean or not lols just making the point that if someone is posting based on their experiences - and to be fair from emmas post we can see very clearly she has a lot of experince and info to share - that they should be allowed to share those experiences without someone basically insinuating that they are wrong
I know doll but don't get all heated about it……..it's only a forum. Between you and me, men can be dirty sods but for Gawd sakes don't tell Jack I said so. lol. Come on……..let's all be friends.:Kissing:

And unless you have been in the room with her waxing, then who are you to say it has happened? Lol
For the record, I never implied that she hadn't come across an unhygenic man.
What I did say was that I had never come across one and that it is very unusual.
I know a lot of waxers that do intimate male waxing and they would all agree that men coming for this kind of service are very clean.
To make a generalisation that men aren't the cleanest of creatures is unfair, untrue and uncalled for.
We have to remember that potential clients stumble across this site whilst researching for this treatment and a lot of them are understandably nervous.
This kind of statement on a professional site would not help to alleviate their fears.

I didn't see anything rude in Jacks reply to be fair - infact I found myself a little taken aback at the attack on him! :)
Remember forums are fickle things... we all attribute certain personalities to each other - rightly or wrongly - as we've never met (mostly). To me Jack has always been slightly cheeky, bouncy and never nasty - so his comment in my eyes was a friendly correction - possibly with a slightly weary but cheeky smile attached.
We haven't got the benefit of facial expressions of voice inflections so if we instead apply a lot of goodwill and forgiveness and try to think the best of any comments I think it will be a far more pleasant place to hang out :)

Wow I didnt know a little bit of waxing advice and a few lines about bad experiences I have with clients would be do so detrimental to this thread. BTW no offence was intended to men, woman, clients or therapists alike.

I have only joined here a few weeks ago and to be honest was purely to investigate the professional reviews and feedback about shellac from hands on therapists that are using it every day. However if honest opinions or real experiences that are not 'up to par' criticised then how will we ever really learn?

Your right occassionaly clients may sign up to salon geek but I doubt this is very often and more to the point if they do Im sure they could be reading alot more things that would make them think twice. Maybe how everyone seems so malicious? I feel like I have just gone back to college!

I agree with Kim, we should all be friends, helping eachother progress and not penalising our opninons... :)

Emma,

Welcome to Salongeek
Lets all draw a line under it and move on, there was no bad feeling intended....
I have a busy day ahead so good luck and I hope you enjoy the forum..

Jack

On happy note... Emma I just had an Indian client with thick thick hair, always shaves & I did the perfect Hollywood hot wax :)

Latest posts

Back