Intimate question about intimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisstyB

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have been doing Brazilians and hollywoods for a while now and feel pretty confident, but I had a lady recently whos hair grew much further into the labia than I have experienced before, also (theres no delicate way of saying this) the labia were very flappy. I really struggled to get a stretch and it made it really difficult to get the wax off. I am applying the wax and removing in the direction of the hair in this area...any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks and apologies if the detail has been to much for anyone:o

Hi Geeks, I have been doing Brazilians and hollywoods for a while now and feel pretty confident, but I had a lady recently whos hair grew much further into the labia than I have experienced before, also (theres no delicate way of saying this) the labia were very flappy. I really struggled to get a stretch and it made it really difficult to get the wax off. I am applying the wax and removing in the direction of the hair in this area...any tips would be much appreciated.

Flappy or not you have to get in there and find a way to stretch the skin in order to remove the wax, it's very hands on and there's no other way.

You have to stretch the labia itself, this hair has to go!

Thats exactly what I did jacquelineanna, but at times really wasnt sure about whether I was being a bit toooo hands on!!! Can I ask what size strips you use in this area? Also I have been trained not to ask a client to help stretch but now looking back feel that it would have been more comfortable for her if she had stretched the labia upwards from below the pubis.
Thanks for your reply xxx

Thats exactly what I did jacquelineanna, but at times really wasnt sure about whether I was being a bit toooo hands on!!! Can I ask what size strips you use in this area? Also I have been trained not to ask a client to help stretch but now looking back feel that it would have been more comfortable for her if she had stretched the labia upwards from below the pubis.
Thanks for your reply xxx

I don't know about any other waxers out there but for me no place is too sacred when it comes to hair and intimate waxing.

If you are not embarassed the client will not be embarassed.

They may not enjoy what you are doing but they will accept it as part of the process if you just get on and do it.

If I need the client to stretch I put their hands exactly where i need them, sometimes they need to be involved.

I use hot wax and when the hair grows inside the labia like this I pull the labia open and lay the wax down, hold it til it cools, flick up the edge gently and remove.

If you are using warm wax I would apply it in the same way and cut a wax strip in half lengthways and use this.

Does this help?

If you're going to do the perfect wax, then you have to get EVERY single hair out. Even if it means putting your miners helmet on:)

I don't know about any other waxers out there but for me no place is too sacred when it comes to hair and intimate waxing.

If you are not embarassed the client will not be embarassed.

They may not enjoy what you are doing but they will accept it as part of the process if you just get on and do it.

If I need the client to stretch I put their hands exactly where i need them, sometimes they need to be involved.

I use hot wax and when the hair grows inside the labia like this I pull the labia open and lay the wax down, hold it til it cools, flick up the edge gently and remove.

If you are using warm wax I would apply it in the same way and cut a wax strip in half lengthways and use this.

Does this help?

yes that helps alot, thank you...I just panicked slightly!!!

If you're going to do the perfect wax, then you have to get EVERY single hair out. Even if it means putting your miners helmet on:)

lols love it - makes me want to go on advanced waxing

The miners helmet was well and truly on for this one Kim!!! Thanks for the replies...sometimes when Im in amongst it I panic!!!!

Crikey! Intimate waxing sounds as invasive as a cervical smear. Don't know if I could ever do it. :o

I wonder if a head lamp would be to much??

Crikey! Intimate waxing sounds as invasive as a cervical smear. Don't know if I could ever do it. :o

If you see anything you've not seen before throw your hat at it...

You're not on your own Mobile Manicure. I trained as a midwife and really have reached the parts that I doubt even Kim has reached - with or without miner's helmet :green: - but the thought of waxing someone's flappy labia really does leave me cold I'm afraid! :eek:

Um, might I suggest that male intimate waxing might not be your next training course...
Just sayin'

You're not on your own Mobile Manicure. I trained as a midwife and really have reached the parts that I doubt even Kim has reached - with or without miner's helmet :green: - but the thought of waxing someone's flappy labia really does leave me cold I'm afraid! :eek:
One Waxed Every Minute!

Hey hun,

This is my area of expertise thanks to being a head therapist at Strip waxing boutique in London :)

All the other geeks have given you great advice but I thought I would share my tips anyway!

Firstly always be prepared for the unprepared or unusual clients! I have experinced all sorts and doing male intimate waxing aswell lets just say men are not the cleanest of creatures :confused:

Secondly NEVER use strip wax on an intimate area... or any sensitive area really. Strip wax will not give you a clean finish if you have a client with excessive or strong hair growth (post shavers/polycystic ovary clients etc.) It just breaks the hair or gets stuck and very messy :( also it hurts a hell of lot more than hot wax.

Thirdly once you have the hang of hot wax dont be afraid to get in there, always have one hand gloved (the hand you press with) and use this as your stretching hand. Good firm stretches show the client your confident and keeps them comfortable. With regard to asking the client to stretch upwards, I highly recommend it once the wax is on and set of course :) The better the stretch the less pain!!

And lastly always trim the hair if it is to long to avoid tangling!!

Hope that helps :)

Firstly always be prepared for the unprepared or unusual clients! I have experinced all sorts and doing male intimate waxing aswell lets just say men are not the cleanest of creatures :confused:

Secondly NEVER use strip wax on an intimate area... or any sensitive area really. Strip wax will not give you a clean finish if you have a client with excessive or strong hair growth (post shavers/polycystic ovary clients etc.) It just breaks the hair or gets stuck and very messy :( also it hurts a hell of lot more than hot wax.

I agree and disagree!
I wax A LOT of men and women and women are by far the skankier of the sexes. Dungleberries, Camembert and whiffiness are way too common in this day and age in the ladies, and I've never had to don an NBC suit for a man!
Re strip wax, I've upset oh, I don't know, maybe 50 people on here for saying that strip wax should be banned on the nether regions, but I'll say it just once more!

I may not always agree with everything but I have to admit I would run screaming like a banshee if someone came near my bits with strip wax... You'd see a Wile E. Coyotee dust trail heading out that front door! :)

I agree and disagree!
I wax A LOT of men and women and women are by far the skankier of the sexes. Dungleberries, Camembert and whiffiness are way too common in this day and age in the ladies, and I've never had to don an NBC suit for a man!
Re strip wax, I've upset oh, I don't know, maybe 50 people on here for saying that strip wax should be banned on the nether regions, but I'll say it just once more!

Haha I totally agree with the dungleberries, camembert and whifftiness... I always provide my clients with baby wipes and leave them to freshen up but some dont seem to have the common sense!

Latest posts

Back