Intimate wax and bleeding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So Ive been doing intimate waxes for over ten years with hot wax and never come across this before. On the labia from ONE follicle it wouldn't stop bleeding ? When I wiped it I could see it was a tiny dot it was bleeding from but it was really bleeding. I wondered why this would be ? She has very deep rooted hairs so I expect a tiny bit of bleeding but nothing like this. I had to apply pressure on a cotton pad and it still was bleeding. She was completely ok and didn't feel anything and she is a therapist herself so understands it sometimes bleeds but I don't understand why it would this much. There's no bruising or redness in the area. And as I said when I wiped it I could see the tiny hole it was coming from and was a single hair follicle. Any ideas ??

Some hair follicles are big bleeders especially under the arm and in intimate areas. You both know that.

My experience tells me is that there could be a minute skin tag that has formed and you have waxed the top off it.
The delicate area like that of most adult skin folds can develop these lumps on the skin because skin on fabric causes friction and these tags are a direct response to it.

Make a note on the client card and it could be that it would happen on the next treatment. Or maybe it will disappear. Unless it is of a visible size I doubt you will be able to avoid repeating the same. Clearly avoiding the tag would be best, as it is a contraindication, applying a little vaseline to protect it or wax around it.
Preventing tags? Impossible, but removing hair from the labia could allow more to develop over time. If that is what is the cause of this follicle bleed.

Under arms, necklace area, under bra straps, bikini line and any other area where there is likely to be some skin friction with fabric can also be prone to having skin tags develop over time..... Just my thoughts.

Some hair follicles are big bleeders especially under the arm and in intimate areas. You both know that.

My experience tells me is that there could be a minute skin tag that has formed and you have waxed the top off it.
The delicate area like that of most adult skin folds can develop these lumps on the skin because skin on fabric causes friction and these tags are a direct response to it.

Make a note on the client card and it could be that it would happen on the next treatment. Or maybe it will disappear. Unless it is of a visible size I doubt you will be able to avoid repeating the same. Clearly avoiding the tag would be best, as it is a contraindication, applying a little vaseline to protect it or wax around it.
Preventing tags? Impossible, but removing hair from the labia could allow more to develop over time. If that is what is the cause of this follicle bleed.

Under arms, necklace area, under bra straps, bikini line and any other area where there is likely to be some skin friction with fabric can also be prone to having skin tags develop over time..... Just my thoughts.
Thank you so much for your detailed post. I will follow this advise x

Latest posts

Back