Intimate waxing spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getpretty

Reaction score
Hi all I am doing intimate waxing soon so decided to get it done myself to experience it. Ouch. My problem has been lots of bumps and spots it looks awful and a bit uncomfortable. Any idea why and advice. Thanks. X

Hi all I am doing intimate waxing soon so decided to get it done myself to experience it. Ouch. My problem has been lots of bumps and spots it looks awful and a bit uncomfortable. Any idea why and advice. Thanks. X
Hi @Getpretty do you know what sort of wax they used? As in did they put a fabric strip over it or flick the end up and whip it off?

Sometimes waxing can really leave the skin quite traumatised, especially if it's in the intimate area and if it's the first time having it done.

Thick pubic hair has been whipped out by the root so trauma is often inevitable but it depends on the extent of the trauma as to whether it is from a bad wax or just normal.

I actually waited until I did the training so I knew what I would be inflicting on other people and how it should feel.

Don't judge all Brazilians on your experience!

Vic x

Oh no! :( Was the reaction immediate post wax or days later?

I think the following could be reasons you've had a reaction/break out:

- a poor quality wax was used OR strip wax was used rather than hot peelable wax
- an under skilled waxer carried out the treatment
- the treatment was unsanitary
- the wrong aftercare products were used
- hairs were broken and you're now experiencing ingrown hairs

Best thing to do is keep your skin nice and clean, with as little friction on the area as possible. When you skin becomes less aggravated, start gently exfoliating every 2-3 days.

I hope it clears up quickly for you. :)

Did you exfoliate?

All of the above and some bad luck. I have clients that don't do any aftercare and have blemish free skin and those that follow the aftercare and still get them.

Not sure if you're referring to immediately after your waxing (within 24hrs) so if you are, apply some Sodocreme (nappy rash cream) and/or take antihistamines.

Hi @Getpretty do you know what sort of wax they used? As in did they put a fabric strip over it or flick the end up and whip it off?

Sometimes waxing can really leave the skin quite traumatised, especially if it's in the intimate area and if it's the first time having it done.

Thick pubic hair has been whipped out by the root so trauma is often inevitable but it depends on the extent of the trauma as to whether it is from a bad wax or just normal.

I actually waited until I did the training so I knew what I would be inflicting on other people and how it should feel.

Don't judge all Brazilians on your experience!

Vic x
Thanks for the reply. It was hot wax and very hot lol. It took quite quite a while to set and she seemed to have trouble flicking it off which hurt a lot didn't get all removed I'd had enough.

All of the above and some bad luck. I have clients that don't do any aftercare and have blemish free skin and those that follow the aftercare and still get them.

Not sure if you're referring to immediately after your waxing (within 24hrs) so if you are, apply some Sodocreme (nappy rash cream) and/or take antihistamines.
Hi Kim no its a couple of weeks later after wax I didn't get any aftercare advice. X

Oh no! :( Was the reaction immediate post wax or days later?

I think the following could be reasons you've had a reaction/break out:

- a poor quality wax was used OR strip wax was used rather than hot peelable wax
- an under skilled waxer carried out the treatment
- the treatment was unsanitary
- the wrong aftercare products were used
- hairs were broken and you're now experiencing ingrown hairs

Best thing to do is keep your skin nice and clean, with as little friction on the area as possible. When you skin becomes less aggravated, start gently exfoliating every 2-3 days.

I hope it clears up quickly for you. :)
Ah thanks. It was hot wax I didn't know I was supposed to have after care products? The just looks awful now. Will start exfoliating now. It was after few weeks with regrowth coming back. X

Ah thanks. It was hot wax I didn't know I was supposed to have after care products? The just looks awful now. Will start exfoliating now. It was after few weeks with regrowth coming back. X
My clients don't have aftercare products; they are told to exfoliate and follow aftercare. If they are ingrown hairs then maybe think about buying a products to get rid of them. Fingers crossed they clear up soon.

I was told exfoliating afterwards is very important.

My clients don't have aftercare products; they are told to exfoliate and follow aftercare. If they are ingrown hairs then maybe think about buying a products to get rid of them. Fingers crossed they clear up soon.
Thank you. X

I was told exfoliating afterwards is very important.
Not until 2-3 days after having the treatment providing the skin is no longer sensitive

If you were shaving constantly before your wax and this is your first brazillian wax it's also possible that you may just have sensitive / reactive skin.

When i made the switch from shaving to waxing, I found my skin stayed red for 5-6 days and really had the goose pimple look, i also broke out in lots of white heads and when the hair grew back initially it was quite prickly and even uncomfortable. It wasn't down to a bad wax or bad waxer , i just had very course hair and very sensitive skin. a lot of force was required to remove the wax, there was a lot of resistance due to the coarseness of my hair.

after 4-5 waxing sessions it has gone away completely, redness is gone the day after and hair that grows back is finer and much softer, no prickly feeling at all, also i very rarely get any spots after waxing.

It's possible you skin just needs to adjust to being waxed.

Aftercare is a must for me though, and i also drill it into all of my clients. If you are prone to ingrown hairs then i would suggest investing in product designed to keep them at bay, anything with glycolic or salicylic acid tends to work best in my opinion. I use the Perron Rigot double scrub on myself and swear by it. It's also my top selling retail item in the salon.

If i don't exfoliate and moisturise i can feel the hair not being able to grow through properly and it causes itching and sometimes little spots.

Poor you @Getpretty! I know your pain! I tried hot wax lots of times, in good salons recommended by clients and friends and still get spots :( no amount of exfoliating or salicylic acid product helped either....same happens with shaving to me as well. So now I just trim or use a cream and I'm saving up for laser :)

Latest posts

Back