Intimate waxing to hair length

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Hello

Quick question for the waxing geeks. How do you ask your clients to prepare for their Hollywood? What is the ideal hai length and how/when do you tell them?

The last 2 ladies I've had to pass them scissors to trim and I felt a bit awkward.

Thanks in advance! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Why wouldn't you trim it?
Yeah it would be awkward! I could imagine it to be very demeaning to ask someone to trim there own hair when they have come to an appointment for you to do it!! You wouldn't go to the hair dressers and be told to trim your own fringe!

I am booked on Kim's course in 10 days so I'm not doing clients yet but I have invested in a cordless, rechargeable wet & dry clippers so I can trim the hair if someone comes to me with hair that is too long.

When new clients book an appointment with me I send them a link to a pre waxing advice page on my website and the length of hair is mentioned on this. But when they turn up with excessively long hair I trim it with a some cordless clippers prior to waxing but I think its best we do it rather than handing the scissors or clippers to them.

Jack

Why wouldn't you trim it?
Yeah it would be awkward! I could imagine it to be very demeaning to ask someone to trim there own hair when they have come to an appointment for you to do it!! You wouldn't go to the hair dressers and be told to trim your own fringe!

No need to be rude. I go on the advice of the person who trained me. She said not to trim but ask the client in case we cut them.

When new clients book an appointment with me I send them a link to a pre waxing advice page on my website and the length of hair is mentioned on this. But when they turn up with excessively long hair I trim it with a some cordless clippers prior to waxing but I think its best we do it rather than handing the scissors or clippers to them.

Jack

Thanks. That's great advice re the link. I will look into cordless trimmers as opposed to scissors.

I am booked on Kim's course in 10 days so I'm not doing clients yet but I have invested in a cordless, rechargeable wet & dry clippers so I can trim the hair if someone comes to me with hair that is too long.

Thank you. Hope you enjoy your course :)

No need to be rude. I go on the advice of the person who trained me. She said not to trim but ask the client in case we cut them.

I wasn't been rude I was simply letting you know how I would feel in that situation.

I would question the training you received if they suggest you get the client to do it, as I do t know of any other intimate waxing training provider that instructs there students to do this. Even at college when doing a basic bikini wax they advice the therapist to trim the hair. I believe there would be more chance of the client either cutting them self or cutting the hair tooo short if you let them do it as it will be hard to see what they are doing.

Great advice given and mini clippers, I would even look into expanding your education on intimate waxing and seeing what other courses are available

I didnt think she was being rude. Just stating the obvious!

I don't think it was meant in a rude way.

I agree that doing it yourself is more professional and less embarrassing for the client.

I advise my client as to the length and if they are unsure whether to trim or not, I tell them to leave it and if I think it needs trimming, I'll do it during their appointment.

Nothing is worse than having a client over trim.

Investing in clippers sounds like a brilliant idea. You don't have to worry about nipping them as you have a clipped guard xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never heard of that. Do hair stylists give their client the scissors to cut their own hair.

I use scissors as they're easier to control. Stretch the pubic mound up towards the tummy button and then the hair that needs trimming will be easy to get to.

You need to take control of the situation and aside from that, I'm sure you would be mortified if your waxer handed you scissors.

Don't worry, just be quick and confident. :hug:

I wasn't been rude I was simply letting you know how I would feel in that situation.

I would question the training you received if they suggest you get the client to do it, as I do t know of any other intimate waxing training provider that instructs there students to do this. Even at college when doing a basic bikini wax they advice the therapist to trim the hair. I believe there would be more chance of the client either cutting them self or cutting the hair tooo short if you let them do it as it will be hard to see what they are doing.

Great advice given and mini clippers, I would even look into expanding your education on intimate waxing and seeing what other courses are available

Sorry if I took you the wrong way. Sometimes it's hard to know the tone in which advice is given.

I was definitely told to trim in college but took the advice of my advanced waxing tutor to be the correct way.

As I said already, I felt awkward doing this so wanted to know if I could perhaps advise before the ideal hair length before they visit.

I didnt think she was being rude. Just stating the obvious!

Appreciate this may have been obvious to you but when you have been taught to the contrary, you can be forgiven for getting it wrong.

I don't think it was meant in a rude way.

I agree that doing it yourself is more professional and less embarrassing for the client.

I advise my client as to the length and if they are unsure whether to trim or not, I tell them to leave it and if I think it needs trimming, I'll do it during their appointment.

Nothing is worse than having a client over trim.

Investing in clippers sounds like a brilliant idea. You don't have to worry about nipping them as you have a clipped guard xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Agree with you all as I did ask about avoiding having to ask them to trim it themselves.

My tutor said a girl she knows of cut her client and was emphatic about how we should ask the client to trim their own if needed hence me asking this in the first place.

Agree if we do it it looks more professional no argument. Thanks again xx

I've never heard of that. Do hair stylists give their client the scissors to cut their own hair.

I use scissors as they're easier to control. Stretch the pubic mound up towards the tummy button and then the hair that needs trimming will be easy to get to.

You need to take control of the situation and aside from that, I'm sure you would be mortified if your waxer handed you scissors.

Don't worry, just be quick and confident. :hug:

Thanks very much for the tip on how to make it easier.

I'm relatively new to intimate waxing so I do need confidence in taking control. X

Hi there,
just wanted to ask you if you use guard what size would you use so the length is still suitable for warm wax?
Thanks
H

Personally I'd use Scissors, I have a lot of clients apologise for the length but I charge good ££ for intimate waxing so see it as my job if required.

I know its the way you were trained but if you feel awkward trimming a client yourself do you think intimate waxing is for you?

I would be mortified to be handed a pair of scissors to sort it out myself.. Do you leave the room & provide a mirror? I am in no way having a go i just think its shocking someone would train this way.

Book yourself in on a course with Kim
Xx

Personally I'd use Scissors, I have a lot of clients apologise for the length but I charge good ££ for intimate waxing so see it as my job if required.

I know its the way you were trained but if you feel awkward trimming a client yourself do you think intimate waxing is for you?

I would be mortified to be handed a pair of scissors to sort it out myself.. Do you leave the room & provide a mirror? I am in no way having a go i just think its shocking someone would train this way.

Book yourself in on a course with Kim
Xx

Not at all. I felt awkward asking the client to trim themselves but understood this to be the correct protocol.

I'm a confident waxer, in general, intimate waxing is a new skill so I am asking advice.

Apart from being told the wrong information about who trims, the technique for waxing was really good and I feel happy with my training.

I'd love to train with Kim as I've watched her on YouTube and she seems such a lovely and genuine person and pretty inspiring xx

Not at all. I felt awkward asking the client to trim themselves but understood this to be the correct protocol.

I'm a confident waxer, in general, intimate waxing is a new skill so I am asking advice.

Apart from being told the wrong information about who trims, the technique for waxing was really good and I feel happy with my training.

I'd love to train with Kim as I've watched her on YouTube and she seems such a lovely and genuine person and pretty inspiring xx

if you're happy with the training you had then there's no need to re-train with me or anyone else. Just work on taking control. If you're not confident then they won't be confident. x

Latest posts

Back