Introducing mobile CND manicures and pedis...how do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
Hello,

So I have decided to (in a couple of months when I have funds) to introduce manicures and pedicures (CND Marine pedi and CND citrus mani (as i dont like the almond)) - what do you think of these products?. Manicures aren't as tricky to do as pedis. But what i wanted to know is, as a mobile therapist, what is your procedure (i dont mean filing, soaking, cutilces etc)? I mean like when you get there, do you have a bowl (and what kind?) and do you ask "where's the best place to fill this up with warm water"? what i want to know is, how do you approach the whole situation and what do you use to carry all your bits and pieces in? Thank you muchly :D x

Would love to know as I'm booked onto the Spa day on 15th June!

I am having visions of turning up with so much stuff if someone wants a Shellac luxury pedi!!

I do loads of mobile pedis. I have a very colourful pastel coloured gardening bag I bought from Tesco for a fiver. All my clients commentnon how lovely it is and are very surprised when I tell them it's a gardening bag. It is very girly and has loads of pockets for my creams and lotions. In the middle I have a clear zip up make up bag (large) also from Tesco with my polishes in it. On top of that I have a box of tissues and a bowl for rubbish.

I then have a pedicure bowl. I wrap all my clean tools in a towel and roll it up and put it in the bowl, I roll up 3 more towels, place them in it, then I pop a fold up step on top of that and it slides into a bag that I got with my McClaren baby stroller. I know it sounds mad but it has straps so if I'm laden down I can wear it as a back pack. All my clients comment on how well organised I am. It took 10 years of trial and error, but I got there in the end.

Most clients will say "what do you need?" and I tell them I just need access to a tap. We work out between us the best place to do the pedi, I usually opt for kitchen incase of spillage. I place a towel down, put the bowl of warm water on top of that for them to put their feet in. If it's a carpet I place a clear shower curtain I bought from...guess where...for £1.75 on the floor first.

Hope some of the above helps.

Last edited:
Hi im mobile too and done loads of pedi's. Ive got the footsie bath to make it easier for me, just pop a liner in and away u go. I too have done them in the kitchen and filled up from the sink. Most people have a table to pop all my products out that i need. I always tend to take loads of towels with me. One for the table, one huge one for the floor, and two for my client.

I have most of my products inside the footsie when im carrying things in from the car and then my case for nail products and cuticle tools, and a bag for towels. I'd say the hardest thing sometimes is finding plug sockets lol. Hth a little x

Latest posts

Back