Introducing our new Geek Guides!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Here at SalonGeek.com, the team are always on the hunt for ways to make the community a more enjoyable place to hang.
Especially for Newbies.

Although each of us were at one time or another one, sometimes it is all to easy to forget what it was like to be a Newbie.

The veterans drop our TLA's (NSS etc), brag about Blogs and are quick to point out etiquette often without thought toward the thousands of non veterans surfing the site daily.

It can be daunting to jump into a matured community like that!

Inspired by a blog I recently read, the SalonGeek.com team are proud to introduce a group that will help Newbies find the ropes faster, easier and with ever more style!

We are pleased to announce: The Geek Guides.

An*Gel
deanosnana
dellaznailz
Noodle
SJK
Vetty

Geek Guides are those volunteers dedicating their Geek Lives to eradicating Fearbie (fear of being a Newbie) once and for all.
Think of it like the A-Team, but with Geeks.

So join us in welcoming them, and let us toast them on their mission to make SalonGeek.com even better :green:

Last edited:
Welcome everyone, I was going to put myself forward but I'm still learning about this fab site myself!! I've only just realised I can link my social sites to here!!

Welcome Guides :)

Welcome to the Guides, what a fab idea! X

Fantastic idea and well done to the brave guides for taking on the task!! :green:

I mean this with all my heart; it's an honor and a privilege to give back to a community that has given me so much. :hug: to all!

playground buddies! brilliant!

Well done Geek Guides.
So how do we take advantage of you guys? Do we PM?
I'm a very newbie. Just when I think I might post a thread or question, someone has beaten me to it 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

I'm a Geek Guide!! I have a title...... :lol:

Looking forward to helping newbies find their way around....

Brilliant idea!! I'm sure you'll all be fabulous! Welcome welcome x

Go Geek guides! what a fab idea x

Welcome to our Geek Guides xx

Great idea and great Guides!!

Whoo hoo I have a title too!! :lol:

I feel the same as deanosnanna and feel very privileged to be a guide, as I have learned so much from this site and remember very well being a newbie... I could barely use my new lap top, never mind find my way around the site, so all questions are welcome.

I don't care how silly they may seem, just ask away ... that's what it's all about!!

It really is a great idea :hug:

:Scared::Scared: No pressure then :green:

It is definitely a pleasure and privilege to be able to give back a tiny bit to this amazing site. Thank you to Grand Master Geek and all the mods for the outstanding work they do, I hope we can make you proud:hug:

We all remember being newbies, both on Salon Geek and as students of our chosen branch of the industry. Don't be afraid ask away, you can always send us a private message :hug:

Honestly, proud to be a Geek Guide, because I never made it as a Girl Guide.

What a fab idea!! Well done geek guides

Welcome Geeky Guides Im sure you will all do a fantastic job well done :hug::hug:

I know how much I could have done with a helping hand when I first joined this site, so am very happy to be able to give a little something back.

Don't be shy newbies ... that's what we here for :hug:

Hi Geeks

Here at SalonGeek.com, the team are always on the hunt for ways to make the community a more enjoyable place to hang.
Especially for Newbies.

Although each of us were at one time or another one, sometimes it is all to easy to forget what it was like to be a Newbie.

The veterans drop our TLA's (NSS etc), brag about Blogs and are quick to point out etiquette often without thought toward the thousands of non veterans surfing the site daily.

It can be daunting to jump into a matured community like that!

Inspired by a blog I recently read, the SalonGeek.com team are proud to introduce a group that will help Newbies find the ropes faster, easier and with ever more style!

We are pleased to announce: The Geek Guides.

An*Gel
deanosnana
dellaznailz
Noodle
SJK
Vetty

Geek Guides are those volunteers dedicating their Geek Lives to eradicating Fearbie (fear of being a Newbie) once and for all.
Think of it like the A-Team, but with Geeks.

So join us in welcoming them, and let us toast them on their mission to make SalonGeek.com even better :green:

CONGRATS Ladies!
I'm sure that with you folks to help them familiarize themselves with the rythm here, newbies will settle in no problem.
GREAT group!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back