Inundated with messages from clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
These past few days clients are starting to message asking if I'm doing mobile or when they can book in or if i can pre mix colours & drop them off....im 31weeks pregnant too btw [emoji23]

I'd like to put a post on the salons FB just stating i can't....obviously

I'm terrible at wording things, has anyone had to put a post up like this that maybe i could kindly use or what would you guys recommend putting in the post

Many thanks geeks

Hi Zoey92,

Honesty is your best policy right now and the fact that the end of lock down will probably not come in the near future means that your baby will may well already be born.
If your clients are so not bothered about your health and safety and that of your new born , then there is something wrong with them.

Just post a general message saying:-

In view of government guidelines for social distancing I am not in a position to offer any services during the covid 19 outbreak. My insurance also disallows me from making any colour products for clients' home use.
When the time comes that government restrictions are lifted you will be informed through my FB page.
I thankyou for your past custom and understanding. We are are all living through unprecedented times
Stay safe everyone

Blah blah blah. ( the rest is up to you )

Thank you lovely i am thinking this myself, I'm sure there's other stylists in my position regarding pregnancy too.

Hope you are keeping ok yourself [emoji4]

I have actually unpublished my FB page for now so I can avoid private messages being sent.

I have actually unpublished my FB page for now so I can avoid private messages being sent.
Just be aware this is likely to have people think you went bust. Setting up an auto reply is a much better idea just my 2p worth :)

Just be aware this is likely to have people think you went bust. Setting up an auto reply is a much better idea just my 2p worth :)

I do have instant reply set up and although I understand what you have stated, this is of no concern to me as I have not been taking on new clients for some time now.
I mainly get people in the nail industry messaging me asking for my knowledge on certain topics and I really have no desire to answer these kind of messages right now.
But yeah thanks for your 2p worth. Cheers

Please can I add that my insurance (Salon Gold) does cover me to mix colour for clients to apply themselves. I asked them on Mon 11th May & they emailed me Thurs 14th. I have to skin tested with exact formula. My clients signed a skin test form & a disclaimer too, just in case. If I was pregnant I wouldn't consider providing this service either. I hope you manage to stay safe & healthy.

Latest posts

Back