inverted application l/p -no popits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
you remember ages ago when we were all awaiting the launch of popits from s2? well there was a thread about how to do a similar procedure using tips as a mold.

gel worked, but l/p acrylic stuck fast to the tip despite several attempts to form a barrier. this problem nagged away at me and i think i might have found an answer.

i used a tip and painted on a layer of gel and cured to set. i left the sticky layer in place.

i filled the tip with l/p acrylic and left it to set.

when it was hard , the tip popped off as easy as pie and i wiped the surface to make sure no uncured gel was present on the finished result.

a bit of a faff as you obviously need to have gel and l/p acrylic to do it. but i thought it might help if anyone uses the popits method but runs out of the correct size and needs an emergency option.
i dont have any clear nails at the mo, but i'll try to forward my investigations when i have a chance:lol:

Interesting. I've been wondering about this myself.

S

Hi Susan - as i'm always up for experimenting, i tried it and it works! You have to prise it off gently but once the seal was broken it just came straight off and left a nice shiny surface - although there was a ridge from the tips well, but it was easily buffed away! Perfect for those of us who aren't quite there yet with the brush and find it difficult when doing your own right hand. Well done you! With ideas like that I guess that's why you are a Grand Geek!!! xx

I racked my brains forever how to do this lol

Simple solution....fair play for finding it :hug:

Susan this is great! I will be sharing with some US Nail techs who can't get ahold of Popits and want to try the idea out. :)

great, i'm glad its helping out.
i did one on my daughter earlier and it seemed to work fine.
the tips i used were pretty flat though, i think it would be better with a more curvaceous tip, itd give a better shape i think.

keep me updated with all your experiments !!!

I racked my brains forever how to do this lol

Simple solution....fair play for finding it :hug:

me too babe, i can never let anything go:lol:

hiya i was thinking of using a tip in place of a popit long time ago but didn't know what exactly to put on the tip to make it like a mold!! so thank u angel i will try it..it will be easier to do my right hand..

Latest posts

Back