Inverted Forever French with Brisa...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherDavis

Reaction score
Ok, this isn't about real critique, because I already know what I don't like about what I did, this was an EXPERIMENT. ;)

invertedgeltake1002.jpg

This is Brisa Gel applied to the back of a clear tip, then pressed onto my prepped and base layer-applied nail plate.

I need to figure out how to build up the apex properly, I didn't "smoosh" it out from the sides, and I filed around the cuticle and sidewalls to get it flush, then applied finish gloss.

So as I said- AN EXPERIMENT. This is mainly an opportunity to play with a new idea.

Here are 2 other views:

invertedgeltake1001.jpg

invertedgeltake1pt2001.jpg

OK I just tried it again...

invertedgeltake2002.jpg

invertedgeltake2001.jpg

Well done, i think these are fab.

have you applied them using a tip instead of using a popit?
Dont laugh but i had a go at applying a L&P to the inside of a tip and then placing it onto my nail to see if that would act as a mould until i got my hands on some popits but guess what i got the bloody thing stuck and had to soak it off!:cry::):)

this looks really good. I had a go the other day too and found it really difficult to hold the tip whilst applying product and kept dropping the tip and getting fluff all over it (hasten to add I had planned to experiment on myself - no other victim involved). Did you hold tip between thumb and forefinger or use a tool to hold. i've only tiny hands but still had a real problem.

pic 2 is much better...so what did you do differently x

ok looking good but my burning question is this .

When using L&P easy to apply pressure to tip while product is curing .

So when using gel - How to you keep pressure on the tip when it has to go into the lamp to set as it will not cure with your finger over it - lol ?

pic 2 looks beautiful, would like to have seen the lower arch though? Another pic possibly?

OK, For pic two all I did differently was try to apply more product to the apex area. And no I still haven't got that down- I think it will be harder with Gel, just like it is for me with traditional sculpting. And I didn't press as hard, and I shaped it differently, the round nail was giving me fits, so I decided that the nail powers were trying to make me shape it square ;) I wouldn't have used L&P, I have already heard quite a few horror stories from other geeks nearly ripping their own nails off lol. The gel can't stick to a smooth surface, so the tip peels right off. I tried to use the tip backwards first, but it was WAYYYY too flat.

Yes, I did use a tip, a clear formation, and a coverage gel I made for the bed. And I didn't use any tool to hold it on there, just lightly set it on and cured it before it could go anywhere.

I actually HARDLY applied pressure at all- or else the gel would have gone all over the place lol.

I can see where this is going to be a real pain on ski jump nails- Mine are just slightly jumpers, and I am having a hard time getting an arch in there... They are pretty flat- Hopefully using the real mould will help with that.

These are gorgeous! will definately be having a play soon. Is that one of the Brisa shimmering colours you've used heather? xx

Yes it is! It's silver frost, french pink cool, a bit of soft white, and a TINY DOT of yellow and red.

the square nail looks much better than the first i think,it looks really good.great work,the depth of colour on the nail bed looks much better as does the smile line.:)

OK, For pic two all I did differently was try to apply more product to the apex area. And no I still haven't got that down- I think it will be harder with Gel, just like it is for me with traditional sculpting. And I didn't press as hard, and I shaped it differently, the round nail was giving me fits, so I decided that the nail powers were trying to make me shape it square ;) I wouldn't have used L&P, I have already heard quite a few horror stories from other geeks nearly ripping their own nails off lol. The gel can't stick to a smooth surface, so the tip peels right off. I tried to use the tip backwards first, but it was WAYYYY too flat.

Yes, I did use a tip, a clear formation, and a coverage gel I made for the bed. And I didn't use any tool to hold it on there, just lightly set it on and cured it before it could go anywhere.

I actually HARDLY applied pressure at all- or else the gel would have gone all over the place lol.

I can see where this is going to be a real pain on ski jump nails- Mine are just slightly jumpers, and I am having a hard time getting an arch in there... They are pretty flat- Hopefully using the real mould will help with that.

lovely well done you. I am having trouble getting my whites consistent on all 10 nails have you tried this on a full set and how was your consistency? This application method is perfect for extending the nail bed in a custom blend.

I hope the second nail looks better lol- The oval nail was my first try, the square was my second on the same finger... :)

I don't have any trouble with consistency, I marked where I wanted them to go on the top side of the tip with a pencil, so I knew where I wanted the center of my smile to be.

I also tend to have a bit of an eye for symmetry, I have never had to check the lengths on nails to make sure they were consistent ;) Something I was blessed with lol.

What i am not blessed with is getting used to this length lol- its been A LONG TIME since I wore anything that went past the end of my fingertip. I have been bashing my hands all day- it's starting to HURRTTTT. :)

And thanks for the kudos geeks :) It's MUCH appreciated...

did you "POP IT" off afterwards, or just "PRESS IT" on and leave it?
The square looks much better, gotta love an experiment.:)

I hope the second nail looks better lol- The oval nail was my first try, the square was my second on the same finger... :)

I don't have any trouble with consistency, I marked where I wanted them to go on the top side of the tip with a pencil, so I knew where I wanted the center of my smile to be.

I also tend to have a bit of an eye for symmetry, I have never had to check the lengths on nails to make sure they were consistent ;) Something I was blessed with lol.

What i am not blessed with is getting used to this length lol- its been A LONG TIME since I wore anything that went past the end of my fingertip. I have been bashing my hands all day- it's starting to HURRTTTT. :)

And thanks for the kudos geeks :) It's MUCH appreciated...

lovely tip thanks

Carl I pressed the tip down, cured it, then I peeled the tip off- it left it pretty shiny.

I DO love me some experimentation lol.

I hated the way the first one looked, that's why I had a DO-OVER.

I have already removed that one again, wanted the white a bit lower on my SHORT nail, and a bit shorter too- I will post pics of a full hand. No one is allowed to laugh at my stubby fingers ;)

Carl I pressed the tip down, cured it, then I peeled the tip off- it left it pretty shiny.

I have already removed that one again, wanted the white a bit lower on my SHORT nail, and a bit shorter too- I will post pics of a full hand. No one is allowed to laugh at my stubby fingers ;)

I think they just look fab specially the second square nail. I just cant get my head round it, have ordered some popits to have a play with.
Do you cure upside down? Thought I would try with acrygel as it has a thicker consistency. Do you think it would work with say bio sculpture, calgel or le chat as it is such a thin gel?

Back in the 80's we used to adhere tips using this same method (although they were acrylic) the tips came with 3 holes drilled in the contact area and the excess would squish out of the holes (path of least resistance), seems we have come full circle, there are actually a few tips that can do this, it depends on what they are made from as to their ability to "POP", these no POP tips have given me food for thought.

I smell a new invention lol.

OK- I actually did one full hand- my BAD hand to boot:

l_aea1c7b4693a8b26e864bb0723b68424.jpg
l_e041bb1deaed448fbbe0edfb9896fa0a.jpg
l_9b1694a68137d4b5d19290b2601e87e0.jpg

Lookin pretty good to me matey :hug:
well done...its exciting when something works isnt it...
well i have ate my christmas pud...i have nearly finished my cig...back to bed for me nighty night :green:

Latest posts

Back