inverted nail application a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have been on the easy nail uk website. they dont say that they peel off and they only come in 6 different sizes, you clip and shape after the mould has been stuck on doesnt say that you remove the mould any where on the website as it is only as thin as a human hair check out their website for more info. I dont quite get it to be honest yeah yoy can have some fantastic looking art but you are stuck with it until it grows out and they do look really fake!:eek: It says the thick white acrylic BONDS to the mould creating a super smooth and shiny finish....Inverted Moulds

It goes on to explain that the inverted nail system is like kids building a sand castle...they put the sand in a bucket and empty it out to make the castle....you put the acrylic in the mould and it works on the same principle.
hth

What I don't understand is the line at the top that says Inverted Moulds are NOT a nail extension....

And how do you know where to put the smile line???
C'mon... someone must know the answers??

Right..... so you buff the mould itself off when it's rebalance time?? Does it work the same way as a gel overlay?
Or am I on totally the wrong track here??:confused:

Right..... so you buff the mould itself off when it's rebalance time?? Does it work the same way as a gel overlay?
Or am I on totally the wrong track here??:confused:

i guess you'd have to otherwise there would be a stress area in the wrong place if you merely filled in the new growth area..
they dont look as thin as a human hair to me, or maybe i've just got fine hair !:lol:

maybe we should ask the distributor on to the boards to give us a bit more info.

I dont actually think that the ez-nail moulds are removed prior to the l&p drying.

i guess you'd have to otherwise there would be a stress area in the wrong place if you merely filled in the new growth area..
they dont look as thin as a human hair to me, or maybe i've just got fine hair !:lol:

maybe we should sk the distributor on to the boards to give us a bit more info.

I have e-mailed them so they have the opportunity to enlighten us all on their system.

I have e-mailed them so they have the opportunity to enlighten us all on their system.

brilliant lelli, it would be good to know what they are all about just so we can have a better understanding of them.

YouTube - Support Breast Cancer Research=
this video seems to show the mould being put on the nail hth's

Have to say from seeing this demo, I'm not really keen. The nail art looks fab but the enhancements are so flat & really false looking. Also when applied the pink seeps over the mould. Just seem like a newer version of stick on nails to me. :rolleyes::confused:

Here's some info supplied to me from Richard at Easynail:

The Inverted Mould is not removed. It bonds to the acrylic and becomes inseparable.

There are 6 different sizes, which cater for average sizes and because they are so thin (100 micron) you can trim them easily to fit the clients natural nail shape exactly.

To give you idea how thin they are you would have to stack 10 Inverted Moulds on top of each other to give you the same thickness of a normal plastic 'tip'.

Liquid and Powder is a type of nail extension (like gel or fibreglass) and Inverted Moulds is a 'method of application'. As you know you can use L&P with forms or tips, both are L&P extensions just using a different application method. Inverted Moulds is just an alternative to tips or forms.

Yes getting the right amount of pink into the IM (Inverted Mould) is important and this of course takes practice.

You can essentially use ANY make or brand of acrylic. Just try and use fast or medium fast set.

Finally, all nail technicians have different levels of skill and experience, some do very well where others struggle, it's a technical skill at the end of the day where artistic flair, creativity and natural ability are very important.

Hope this answers a few questions for everyone.
The new site should be up and running in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the information :lol:

Laura xxx

ah judy thats why sians looked so well wierd on top....plastic

Here's some info supplied to me from Richard at Easynail:

The Inverted Mould is not removed. It bonds to the acrylic and becomes inseparable.

There are 6 different sizes, which cater for average sizes and because they are so thin (100 micron) you can trim them easily to fit the clients natural nail shape exactly.

To give you idea how thin they are you would have to stack 10 Inverted Moulds on top of each other to give you the same thickness of a normal plastic 'tip'.

Liquid and Powder is a type of nail extension (like gel or fibreglass) and Inverted Moulds is a 'method of application'. As you know you can use L&P with forms or tips, both are L&P extensions just using a different application method. Inverted Moulds is just an alternative to tips or forms.

Yes getting the right amount of pink into the IM (Inverted Mould) is important and this of course takes practice.

You can essentially use ANY make or brand of acrylic. Just try and use fast or medium fast set.

Finally, all nail technicians have different levels of skill and experience, some do very well where others struggle, it's a technical skill at the end of the day where artistic flair, creativity and natural ability are very important.

Hope this answers a few questions for everyone.
The new site should be up and running in the next few weeks.
That's really good that they were happy to give you the info to post for us!

maybe we should ask the distributor on to the boards to give us a bit more info.

lol the nails are not as thin as human hair the moulds are but you dont remove them, cant believe that no one on here has had the training

lol the nails are not as thin as human hair the moulds are but you dont remove them, cant believe that no one on here has had the training

no, i did realise it was the mould, not the nail:lol:

i'm always interested to know about anything new, i'd like to see it in the flesh. hard to tell from a fuzzy bit of film.

They are a bit like tooth veneers really. Get the client in for a quick consultation - size her up - next day have them fitted. Even quicker!! LOL

Still not sure about them they don't look anywhere near as good as traditonal nails even if they are quicker. Maybe theres room for improvement with them -who knows!!

mmmm, tips stuck on with acrylic ..... thats a bit 80's for me:)

That's really good that they were happy to give you the info to post for us!

Why wouldn't they be ?

I don't think we should knock this system just because it's new and different.

If people don't like it, just carry on as normal. I think people on here are being very judgemental over a system they don't know anything about or have even tried.

I haven't tried this system either, but I think perhaps we should keep an open mind, we may or may not be surprised.

Marlise

I'd try it tbh just to see what it is like and give my honest opinion.
I can't honestly see me changing my ways etc but I won't knock it until I've tried it.
Could be handy for one offs and prom nails.

seen the vid, seen the pics ..... they actually look ugly to me ......maybe it's my eyes (but some are easily pleased) and will take the easy way out.

Anyways i've seen better ones done by a geek on here.
If these guys "invertabollocks" are out to impress, they are gonna have to have a better looking end result to please me:)
"Invertabollocks" i love this , ive had a hard day with the kids , just thought ide read through the thread, this really tickled me!:lol:

hate to say it but look at the 5th pic in the link below..

its seeping through the right side of the nail!!!

Inverted Moulds

how can this work with no lifting??

Latest posts

Back