inverted nail application a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why wouldn't they be ?
I think you took me the wrong way....all I was meaning is that it's good to have product supliers giving us first hand information on their products....

When they are done well,and professionally they are great for what they are.

Imo what they are is,a great way of doing my own :o but for the client who wants her nails done,for an occasion say a prom or other one off.

This client can not (for whatever reason) and or does not want permanent enhancements

My take on this is a pro version of a stick on,it will not take off for those who regularly have enhancements however i do think there is a niche for "express nails"

IMHO

Btw Carl the 80's rocked :D

I see alot of air bubbles in the product.

The product is very wet when applied - Im assuming this is to get the mould to 'stick' to natural nail and give you time to 'play' with it.

Im also guessing that by showing the applications in nail art - is to try and make them look more unique.

There is def a market for a 'quicky' set (smokers for instance - I have a client who is 'itching' for a fag for the whole procedure)

As far as I know the site is going to be up and running pretty soon.

This is the latest I know....hth

Yes but like i said look at this, the 5th pic at the bottom in the link below..

its seeping through the right side of the nail!!! and it on their own website

Inverted Moulds

how can this work with no lifting??

Inverted Moulds

I believe this is to show you how it shouldn't be done ! I've watched the clip and they do explain this.

Marlise

Inverted Moulds

I have no idea mate....I'm just passing on a message...
Perhaps when it's all up and running someone will come to the site to offer their advice on how it should and shouldn't be done x

maybe they just wipe the excess away before it has time to set...???

I just think they look so flat. There is no support.. They could look nice with practice, but what a pain to measure where to put the smile line.. And once again they are flat and they don't seem to give you a choice with that.. blah

I have tried this "method",not the actual moulds shown on you tube as I am in US and can't seem to find them anywhere.
I took a full well nail tip coated the inside with cuticle oil and used that as my mould.I was SKEPTIAL! I used colored acrylic.I prepped the nail as i would any other time and i use Young Nails protein bond and acrylic.the tip I used was not as thin or flexible as the easynails moulds so the nail looked like the tip i used-abit flat-but i think you could pinch a flexibel mould a bit to get a "c" curve just as with sculpting with a form you pinch to get a "c" curve.I have seen some pretty ugly nails with tips or sculpting-it is the nail techs talent and effort that makes any nail look like art!
anyhoo-------there was very little seepage but that is up to the nail techs skill level on you l to p ratio and the amount of product you place in the mould.The nail tip I used was a bit hard to get off but i did manage it-the nail was like glass.You know how the underside of a sculpt is so shiny? Same here.I did just gently file around the cuticle.shaped the nail and applied Young Nail finish under a UV light for shine because I buffed the cuticle.this nail was on my nail for 4 weeks with no lifting or any probs-and it was thin!! Looked just like the rest of my nails!!! I have done nails for 25 years and i am excited as nail art is back in but not airbrushed or painted on--clients want nails that are interesting and fun but no "drying" time!!

think of it this way----you are NOT pulling up the product trying to perfect the nail-there is very little seepage so that prevents lifting and you are not contaminating the nail plate brushing,patting and poking the nail-not finishing period! What a hand,arm and nail saver---who enjoys filing? Not me,not the client.

take a full well clear nail tip and try it-you will have a little line where the well is but that is why i filed the nail a bit.I also just took my brush and wiped off any bit of acrylic that seeped out while it was wet.Just like I do when i normally do nails---fills are the same as always-file or efile the nail-as with gels and the new UV tops coats when you fill-those topcoats are acrylic light cured(plastic) too-what is the diff????? Most of my cllients want shiny,durable nails.

Try it before you knock it------if any of you know the italian company that sell the ones you peel off i need that website again.
Happy Trails1
Jennifer

Hi all,

I am a technician based in South Africa and have just been introduced to the new "inverted" system. It is so easy, if done correctly:

• the plastic moulds are easy to work with
  • they come in different sizes (same as artificial tips)
  • once youv'e applied the acrylic to the mould the mould is pressed laterally on to the already prepped natural nail
  • once dry it pulls off easily
  • it leaves an already smooth finished nail with only a little filing needed on the edges (I have also seen it done were there was absolutley no filing needed)
In my opinion this is a revolutionary concept and I think other technicians need to be more open minded to the concept. As with any other technique, practice makes perfect. As far as I am concerned once you've worked with these you will never look back!!!!:)

Hey all, firstly im not too sure about the inverted moulds method (im still trying to get to grips with the normal method :lol:) but what i did want to know is do any of you know how to do the breast cancer logo nails they showed on the video, using the normal method of course!
would you just do the pink and white as normal and do pink logo once acrylic has dried or put clear on top first then do it over that? thanks in advance!

That's really good that they were happy to give you the info to post for us!

I have been told by some one that has tried them that the molds come off once the acrylic is set and leaves a high gloss shine.

I asked if they can be reused and she said probs max of 3 times, but the more u use them the less shine you get! Unless she was on about a totally dif thing!!!

She had one on her nail and it was painted! you couldnt tell it was acrylic is was really good!

After looking closely at all the vids and the methods (some peel off, some not) and the end results, the nail looks passable, there are a few technical issues of course ..... BUT, the one ingredient/thing this method lacks most of all is "RESPECT".

How can a client possibly respect you as a professional, when all you are doing is sticking on a tip (doesn't matter if it's using acrylic, gel or glue). It looks easy (even if apparently it isn't). It still looks like you are merely sticking on tips. There is no workmanship (and for me that would mean lack of satisfaction/gratification of an artistic job well done).

It may be revolutionary today, but eventually they will hit the domestic market, Boots, Pharmacies, Chemists, Deaprtment stores and possibly the corner store (just as little acrylics kits have) and ......... ?

But by then it wont matter, the distributors will have made their money.

After looking closely at all the vids and the methods (some peel off, some not) and the end results, the nail looks passable, there are a few technical issues of course ..... BUT, the one ingredient/thing this method lacks most of all is "RESPECT".

How can a client possibly respect you as a professional, when all you are doing is sticking on a tip (doesn't matter if it's using acrylic, gel or glue). It looks easy (even if apparently it isn't). It still looks like you are merely sticking on tips. There is no workmanship (and for me that would mean lack of satisfaction/gratification of an artistic job well done).

It may be revolutionary today, but eventually they will hit the domestic market, Boots, Pharmacies, Chemists, Deaprtment stores and possibly the corner store (just as little acrylics kits have) and ......... ?

But by then it wont matter, the distributors will have made their money.
:lol::lol::lol:ooooooo de'ja'vu Carl lmao.
" very similar queries.
Jen

hello, can anyone tell me if you can refill these nails or if it's impossibile? thanks

Latest posts

Back