inverted nail application a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
just had a look at a video on youtube, and have a few questions hopefully someone can help me lol

Is the mould removed after it has been pressed down on the nail? and also do they come in different sizes ? was just wondering because obviously nails arent all the same size lol n thought when u pressed it down the product might touch the skin? Also does it have an apex built into the mould?
Is this the new product everyone has been talking about?

ok thinks that is lol any info would be really appreciated xx

from what i have seen the mould stays put you dont remove it as the design is done on the underside, it is as thin as a human hair so not as thick as normal tips, the thing i am confused about is rebalancing as the mould is shiny plastic so how the hell does acrylic match that? lol
i have signed up to be alerted for the training :)

from what i have seen the mould stays put you dont remove it as the design is done on the underside, it is as thin as a human hair so not as thick as normal tips, the thing i am confused about is rebalancing as the mould is shiny plastic so how the hell does acrylic match that? lol

i have signed up to be alerted for the training :)

I think you remove the mould once the acrylic has set??

Hi There,

I had my nails done this way about 8 years ago. They were horrendous!! The system could have changed and been improved now or my bad experince could have been down to the technician, but I remembr I had this horrible massive bump up from my cuticle where the mould sat, there was no invisible seam (can't tell where the acrylic starts and the natural nail ends kinda thing!). There were also really thick and far too long, and no, thou mould wasn't removed!

just had a look at a video on youtube, and have a few questions hopefully someone can help me lol

Is the mould removed after it has been pressed down on the nail? and also do they come in different sizes ? was just wondering because obviously nails arent all the same size lol n thought when u pressed it down the product might touch the skin? Also does it have an apex built into the mould?
Is this the new product everyone has been talking about?

ok thinks that is lol any info would be really appreciated xx

Hi,

The mould is removed after the L&P has set.

The moulds do come in different sizes, and you can also trim them (just like tips) if you can't find a mould that fits perfectly.

From what I can gather, you only apply pressure on the free edge when you place the mould on the nail and you dont' actually press on the body (nail bed) section of the mould. You also need to place the right amount of L&P in the mould. If you apply too much, it will seep out.

Marlise

They look really easy is it just me who thinks this?

The pictures look really good

Would loves some more info on this

Laura xxx

They look really easy is it just me who thinks this?

The pictures look really good

Would loves some more info on this

Laura xxx

They do look easy, but I'm sure as with most things, it would take practice to get them right.

When pro's do something, they ALWAYS make it look easy :lol:

Marlise

seen the vid, seen the pics ..... they actually look ugly to me ......maybe it's my eyes (but some are easily pleased) and will take the easy way out.

Anyways i've seen better ones done by a geek on here.
If these guys "invertabollocks" are out to impress, they are gonna have to have a better looking end result to please me:)

ok my opinion from what i have actually seen.
my step daughter she popped down for a visit last year she had a set of these nails on...mmmnnn horrid looking plastic looking too me.
Mt step daughter lives in the manchester area..when she comes to me of course she gets a set of enhancements.....but recently in august we travelled to manchester for her 18th she had had a personal shoper intopshop, a spray tan, hair done and nails(again inverted nails)...all for her birthday with her mum.
...mmmmnnn again in my opinion they looked faker than fake, they actually looked more fake than those stick on nails your see, They were flat, the smile was way to far down her natural nail and the look of them looked too shiney and flat...not like gel gel is shiney but these looked quite strange, I am not explaining to well but they did look horrible....just strange looking.
So obviousley there is a market...teens.....I am willing to stay open minded if i was to see a good looking set of these. But from what i have seen they looked worse than stickons.....

I suppose it depends on the expertise of the tech.

I could use Creative L&P and make nails look like crap because I'm not experienced. Could be the same thing, perhaps the people who are doing the inverted tips on your family are just not good at what they do.

Having said that, this might actually be the new technique that Creative have up their sleeve. I could be wrong, but we'll see and I would be interested in what people have to say then .....

Marlise

Having said that, this might actually be the new technique that Creative have up their sleeve. I could be wrong, but we'll see and I would be interested in what people have to say then .....

Marlise

thats what i am thinking, like i said i am keeping open minded about it.

The idea is, I think, that you peel it off and then when it comes to rebalances you use the same technique as usual.
It is a mould not a stick on nail...I think some may be re-usable but not altogether certain.

How would you remove the tips then???

Laura xxxxxxxx

How would you remove the tips then???

Laura xxxxxxxx

You don't apply tips with this method. Checkout the video earlier on in the thread mate.

Have been on the easy nail uk website. they dont say that they peel off and they only come in 6 different sizes, you clip and shape after the mould has been stuck on doesnt say that you remove the mould any where on the website as it is only as thin as a human hair check out their website for more info. I dont quite get it to be honest yeah yoy can have some fantastic looking art but you are stuck with it until it grows out and they do look really fake!:eek: It says the thick white acrylic BONDS to the mould creating a super smooth and shiny finish....Inverted Moulds

Latest posts

Back