Investing in small things can pay off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuna816

Reaction score
In economics, there is something called Marginalism - its where one weighs the cost/benefit of a investment. If an investment cost $10 but you get back $100, then the investment was worth it.

A prime example of Marginalism is a restaurant business chain called Chuck E Cheeses, located in the US. Its been in business since the 1990's. Its where parents take their kids to where they run around in a play pin and eat pizza, a very popular chain. But because of recent COVID19 epidemic, Chuck Cheese is now filing for bankruptcy. The lesson here is very simple. Had Chucke Cheeses made a small investment in a cleaning crew since the 1990's, they would be viewed as a clean haven for kids to play. People are scared more than ever of germs. But its only because of COVID19 that brought light to germs and viruses.

Marginalism also plays out in the nail industry. Small marginal investment in the right products, the right education, and the right people - can all pay off greatly down the road. As more and more bad products and techniques enter the industry, you have to do things differently from the other nails salons in order to protect your business down the road.

If you have any questions regarding product recommendation or education, ask away. I've been in the nail industry for 10 years and have worked with some of the best scientist in their respective fields. I specialize in researching.

Last edited:
Investing £10 and receiving £100 in return is the basic premise of Trading.
Economic Marginalism is a lot more complex than that and is related to the perceived value of the goods being sold.

Research is about collating source information, performing experiments in laboratory conditions, analysing the results, critically evaluating all the information before drawing any conclusions. A person who’s primary source of information is Google, is not a researcher.

Many of us are interested in learning more about the products used in the trade but you wouldn’t call someone a Health Care Professional because they’d watched lots of medical series on TV.

I think it’s a bit disingenuous for anyone to claim they’re a scientific researcher if they don’t hold postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline.

According to wiki, Chuck E Cheese was originally founded in 1977 as Chick E Cheese’s Pizza Time Theater and first filled for bankruptcy in 1984 and was purchased by a competitor in 1985. The name was shortened to Chuck E Cheese’s in 1994.
I’m not sure you can blame them filing for bankruptcy entirely on the basis of poor hygiene practices.

Investing £10 and receiving £100 in return is the basic premise of Trading.
Economic Marginalism is a lot more complex than that and is related to the perceived value of the goods being sold.

Its not trading because it has nothing to do with shares or stocks in this case. Marginalism here means that if the marginal benefit outweighs the initial marginal cost, its a wise investment. This could be anything - installing a patio to increase house value or ordering a bigger side of fries.

Research is about collating source information, performing experiments in laboratory conditions, analysing the results, critically evaluating all the information before drawing any conclusions. A person who’s primary source of information is Google, is not a researcher.

There are many ways to collect information. Its not just bounded to a laboratory conditions as thats where certain tools are placed to obtain certain information and there are many types of information to obtain that arn't bounded to a laboratory.

So your'e saying my primary source of information is google? There goes your argument because you're worried about something that is common sense to a good researcher.

Imagine if you asked me where I got all my information from and I said Google. Thats not to say that google is all bad. Google can be a great source of information btw.

Many of us are interested in learning more about the products used in the trade but you wouldn’t call someone a Health Care Professional because they’d watched lots of medical series on TV.
This has nothing to do with being a health care professional, all of which requires different skillsets but also at the same time some similar skillsets(eyes,ears,brain) Another argument for the sake of arguing.

I think it’s a bit disingenuous for anyone to claim they’re a scientific researcher if they don’t hold postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline.

You don't need a postgraduate qualifications to be a researcher. All learners use their ears, eyes, and brains. There is no other way to learn, aka collecting information, aka researcher.

What you are doing, is you are basically minimizing and disregarding all humans basic ability to learn. You don't need a lab coat to learn.

According to wiki, Chuck E Cheese was originally founded in 1977 as Chick E Cheese’s Pizza Time Theater and first filled for bankruptcy in 1984 and was purchased by a competitor in 1985. The name was shortened to Chuck E Cheese’s in 1994.
I’m not sure you can blame them filing for bankruptcy entirely on the basis of poor hygiene practices.

Viruses spread because of bad hygienic practices, plain and simple. You can definitely put the blame on this for the cause of bankruptcy. That is why a lot of gyms are still closed.

:)

Last edited:
Its not trading because it has nothing to do with shares or stocks in this case. Marginalism here means that if the marginal benefit outweighs the initial marginal cost, its a wise investment. This could be anything - installing a patio to increase house value or ordering a bigger side of fries.

There are many ways to collect information. Its not just bounded to a laboratory conditions as thats where certain tools are placed to obtain certain information and there are many types of information to obtain that arn't bounded to a laboratory.

So your'e saying my primary source of information is google? There goes your argument because you're worried about something that is common sense to a good researcher.

Imagine if you asked me where I got all my information from and I said Google. Thats not to say that google is all bad. Google can be a great source of information btw.

This has nothing to do with being a health care professional. Another argument for the sake of arguing.

You don't need a postgraduate qualifications to be a researcher. All learners use their ears, eyes, and brains. There is no other way to learn, aka collecting information, aka researcher.

What you are doing, is you are basically minimizing and disregarding all humans basic ability to learn. You don't need a lab coat to learn.

Viruses spread because of bad hygienic practices, plain and simple. You can definitely put the blame on this for the cause of bankruptcy. That is why a lot of gyms are still closed.

:)

You come across as if you are just looking for an argument. Maybe Mumsnet is a better forum for you.

Latest posts

Back