invisible blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i'm usually an acrylic sculpter, but have been experimenting with gel lately. can anyone tell me if it is possible to blend a full well tip so well that it is invisible under a clear gel overlay. i only have experience with micro well tips and blending isnt so crucial under an acrylic overlay.

Yes it is possible to blend a full well tip so can't be seen when you do a Gel overlay. I have to do it invisible when doing an L&P overlay as it does show through on that as well i f you aren't careful.

You just haveto make sure you thin the whole well area and then blend in the edge, it should disappear, just be careful you don't file the natural nail in the process.

talented talons said:
Yes it is possible to blend a full well tip so can't be seen when you do a Gel overlay. I have to do it invisible when doing an L&P overlay as it does show through on that as well i f you aren't careful.

You just haveto make sure you thin the whole well area and then blend in the edge, it should disappear, just be careful you don't file the natural nail in the process.
the ones i did on myself look a little cloudy, do i just need to blend a bit more ?

Hi there ,

I use full well tips all the time BUT I cut off most of the well with my one cut clippers before applying . You get a much better fit this way and it is easier to blend plus you are much less likely to get the dreaded air bubbles .

karen
Light Elegance UK

Hi

Try pre-blending : thinning the contact area before you adhere it to the nail. less blending and a lot less work.You may not find it so at first but once you get the hang of it it saves loads of time.

Little Angel said:
Hi

Try pre-blending : thinning the contact area before you adhere it to the nail. less blending and a lot less work.You may not find it so at first but once you get the hang of it it saves loads of time.
this is what i am doing, i guess i've just been a bit too cautious . :suprised:

Hi angel fingers

Are you then blending it again?? i blend then till it practically disapears.

Little Angel said:
Hi angel fingers

Are you then blending it again?? i blend then till it practically disapears.
yeah, i guess i'm under doing it though. i dont have a lot of experience with tip blending coz after my basic training i went on to do only sculpted nails and lately have been using some of the white tips for certain customers. i must try harder , i must try harder, i must try harder............... :lol:

Hi, I use Daisey Cutter tips. They are well less, don't need blending at all & give you perfect Smile lines every time. They are also pre etched so don't have any shine to remove and come in a natural colour too. I wouldn't be without them :).

:lol: (No I'm not a distributer!)

Lyn x

lyn said:
Hi, I use Daisey Cutter tips. They are well less, don't need blending at all & give you perfect Smile lines every time. They are also pre etched so don't have any shine to remove and come in a natural colour too. I wouldn't be without them :).

:lol: (No I'm not a distributer!)

Lyn x
are they pricey ? :|

The DC tips are £10.95 for 100 + VAT from Karen at nailsplusbeauty -tel 01273 677993.

Lyn

Daisy Cutters sound good, I've been using Millenium Gold Tips and they are really nice and easy to blend.

Deb379

Latest posts

Back