invited to mingle with hairdressing clients, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiya therapy!

oooh, we'll have to start pming each other advice!

Well I've been there since Nov 1st 07. I don't hang around in the hairdressers as much now, I pop down a few times to chat to the girls, check my appointment book, etc, and sometimes get into a conversation.
the regulars are used to seeing me about now, and when I do pop in I see all eyes go to the mirrors!LOL

Its going quite well, and although I havent got any in tomorrow, I shall still go in and hang around.

Got 3 clients in on Wednesday.

Had a chat with the owner on friday and she says its 'word of mouth' around the village that brings business in, and wouldn't waste time or money advertising, etc,. Must admit to feeling very disheartened about the leaflet drops that I did, and it added up money wise too.

anyway, how is it going with you? what seems to have worked well for you and what hasn't?

Hi Hippy chick !! ( my twin LOL )
I am fortunate where the hairdressers is in that I know a lot of locals as I used to work in the Tescos accross the road so some of the checkout girls do recommend me ( force them over more like!!!)Having said that I am not busy. I have done the leaflet drops and also sent out leaflets in the local paper. The hairdressers used to have beauty treatments a few years ago, so it's getting everyone to know that I'm there. I have had the window done professionally and I have a poster up offering gift vouchers for valentines. The first 20 get a free gift ( a little wedding favour box with a heart choccie inside!!) Just need MORE clients!!! Good luck Ann and keep in touch xxxx

Hi When I read this thread I really felt for you. When I was in beauty the first time around I also had difficulty in drumming up clientele from a hairdressing base. A lot of people think that their trade will pass onto yours and we all know it does not happen!! Saying that though I remember my boss at the time did an open evening for the beauty room where I was working with wine and nibbles. She gave out invitations to HD clients and it was a very successful evening. Doing demonstrations is a great way to show people what you do with out any risk on their part. A lot of people still do not know what even simple beauty treatments involve. I also used to use this technique myself. A well to do client I had used to organise a girls get together and I would take my couch along and demonstrate a facial getting one of the crowd on the couch (they all love that) and then I would raffle a treatment at the end of the evening.
I agree that you need to be there and be seen but I think it can also be detrimental that you are not being seen doing. A busy person seems to generate more interest than someone who seems at a loose end.:)

HI

I do apologise as i havnt read all the answers above so if its a repeat ignore me.

My beauty salon is located above my hair salon i have been open since 1990 and you would be surprised at how many clients still dont realise we do beauty!!

One of the best things i do is i have A5 laminated cards that the girls put out on our styling positions and in the wash bay, if they are quiet upstairs. EG if we are mega busy with colours they put up shape and polish offer with an option to upgrade to a full mani, once 1 client takes it up you see the rest of them craning there neck and its ooo can i have one of them, it goes on from there, next thing you know they are booking a mani in for while there colours are processing next time.

ps while your doing the mani make sure you chat about other treatments and that the client goes away with a price brochure.

You need to be seen.

Just pop a few things in a caddy and your off.

HTH

I have offered free hand massages and free Indian head massages, but the uptake is very small.

there is absolutely NO room for me to do anything downstairs, but I do go down and hover around. I've often been called over to talk to clients, and its really nice cos its a 3 way converstation - me, hairdresser and client, so doesn't feel like a big sell.

I do special offers/packages everymonth which is printed onto really nice postcards from vistaprint.

I've had 32 clients so far in 3 months with some of them repeating, so feel happy with how things are going, but know i have a long way to go.

I decorate the hall and my window regularly too, so people notice changes.

I pop into the 2 shops and chat to the people behind the counter, they let me leave biz cards on the counter.

Its getting there, but by no means there yet.

Latest posts

Back