iPad tablet alternatives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eski

Reaction score
Everyone *seems* to be using iPads to run appointments etc and I'm leaning that way myself. However they are of course expensive, so i wanted to see if any of you use any alternative tablets with salon software, and your experiences.

Thank you!

Give me a good ole pencil and paper anyday lol! Sorry not much help but when I worked for a salon chain and we did appointments using a computer, it crashed that many times that we got in a right pickle! Thankfully, me not trusting those darn puters, I wrote down my appointments ;)

That was going back about 10 years tho so things have probably improved since then ;)

I use a samsung tablet and for me its brilliant.
I am mobile and use the google calendar, it is free and my husband also uses it allowing me to see his diary also.
Clients are often impressed when I show them pictures of nails on it, use it to take photos of their nails then book their next appointment!
Hth

Samsung tablet all the way for me, I had the first one, but got the 2nd 10.1 at Christmas, I love it :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had the Samsung galaxy I hated it. Probably personal preference, but it just didn't do it for me. I have the Sony tablet. It's brilliant. Battery lasts for ages, it's slightly tilted, not too heavy. Simple menu, very easy to use.

I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1, chosen over the Ipad. I love it for normal stuff, but I havn't looked at using it for salon stuff.

What programmes are you all using on this model?

Ive heard really good things about the samumsug tablet, its really a rival to the ipad aparently. My husband is looking to get one, for personal use tho nothing work related.

But for me I am an apple lover. I have my iphone and ipad, they are my life (very very sad I know)

I use it for work all the time.
x

I've just given in and bought an iPad as I thought brill I can sync it with my phone as i use my phone for evvvverything lol. What I'm finding is the apps I've got for work aren't on the iPad apps. I've been trying frantically to find some good work related apps but there's no longer 'my chair' or my book. Eeeek. If anyone has any to reccomend that would be great.

The Google Nexus 7 is out this month apparently- surprisingly cheap for what you get.

I've just given in and bought an iPad as I thought brill I can sync it with my phone as i use my phone for evvvverything lol. What I'm finding is the apps I've got for work aren't on the iPad apps. I've been trying frantically to find some good work related apps but there's no longer 'my chair' or my book. Eeeek. If anyone has any to reccomend that would be great.

I'm exactly the same got an iPad for work but 'my chair' have removed the app. I have been emailing them and they are quick to respond but still not on the app store, they said one version was out on last week and the newer one will be on this week. But u can't find any :(

They might not be iPad apps but you can still download them for the ipad and they work fine just in a smaller format but there's a zoom button to maximize the app x

There's an app called my book of clients salon that's meant to be brilliant xx

Personally, while there are some nice tablets around, it's hard to beat the iPad currently. Yes, you're paying a premium, but there's something a lot slicker and more natural feeling about the iPad against their current competitors.

And of course, our free Salonlite system is optimised for it (with a native app coming soon) :)

Ive heard really good things about the samumsug tablet, its really a rival to the ipad aparently. My husband is looking to get one, for personal use tho nothing work related.

But for me I am an apple lover. I have my iphone and ipad, they are my life (very very sad I know)

I use it for work all the time.
x

That will be because samsung make most of the parts for the iPods, iPads and iPhones!

Oooooh I have just ordered an Ipad from Orange - so excited, its being delivered on Thursday - so cant wait!!

'Excuse' for getting it is that I need to be able to access the internet on the move for business.... The real reason is that I just got to have one!

xx

Oooooh I have just ordered an Ipad from Orange - so excited, its being delivered on Thursday - so cant wait!!

'Excuse' for getting it is that I need to be able to access the internet on the move for business.... The real reason is that I just got to have one!

xx

Could you please pm me with the price please. I'm looking into iPads etc and want to find the best deal. Thanks xx

Wahhooo my chair is now back on the app store... However I can't sync it threw iCloud with my iPhone :(

Thought I'd let you know :)
X

I've already got the my book app on my phone and I love it. Was hoping there would be same App for my iPad. Heyho, will just have to wait for my chair. Gotta say I am really chuffed with my ipad tho :) its perfect for work

I wondered if someone could give me some information on how Icloud works. I have looked it up but not quite sure about it.

Do you put things there so its not actually on your ipad and then you just bring it down when you want it?

thanks xx

Latest posts

Back