iPad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleysspraytan

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking at getting an iPad for business use only for those of you that use them do you use 3G or do you think I would be ok using just wifi?advice please!

It depends really whether you are mobile or salon based.
Obviously if you are mobile, you would need the 3G model. I have a salon, and have the wifi iPad which works great for me :) I have wifi installed in the salon and at home and these are the only 2 places I use my iPad really, so I don't have a need for 3G capability! :)
Hth xx

I've got the 3G version. Didn't like the idea of regretting not having the connectivity at some point when I might need it!

Im probably a mug mind you :)

I'd go with 3G personally - means you've always got some sort of connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3G. I can use it almost everywhere, and I do use it everywhere!

My first ipad was WiFi and I regretted it almost immediately. I think for the bit extra you are better going for the 3G, your circumstances might change too and you may find you regret it like I did if you go for just the WiFi:wink2:

I got the wifi only one and never had an issue - but then I have an iphone and you can connect your ipad to that for 3G if you need it :) It's not often I have needed it mind but I guess it depends on exactly you are intending to use yours for... I used to use mine for presentations with clients when I went to London - much easier to carry in a shoulder bag than a hulking great laptop on the underground... :)

I got the wifi only one and never had an issue - but then I have an iphone and you can connect your ipad to that for 3G if you need it :) It's not often I have needed it mind but I guess it depends on exactly you are intending to use yours for... I used to use mine for presentations with clients when I went to London - much easier to carry in a shoulder bag than a hulking great laptop on the underground... :)

You can connect your IPad to your iPhone for 3G connectivity?!? :-O I didn't know this!! Please explain how!!! :) xxx

Yes you can use your iPhone as a wifi port x I have 3G but never use it lol xxx

I've just bought the iPad 3 for business (and a few games - here haha)

I went with the 4G option as I currently don't have a phone that will tether with it (so you use the phones Internet on the iPad) and I figured for £50 extra I'd kick myself if I needed and it in my new job and didn't pay the extra

x

Yes you can use your iPhone as a wifi port x I have 3G but never use it lol xxx

:-O I did not know this!! How do you do that please? X

I didn't know that! I have an iPhone 4. I stil think it's worth the little extra 3G costs, but then you have to think about monthly data bills. I get mine through orange on a ipad tarrif.

settings - personal hotspot :) there it will let you set up details to let you password protect things and basically create a wifi hotspot :) then you just look for wifi networks on your ipad... simples as the meercats would say ;)

settings - personal hotspot :) there it will let you set up details to let you password protect things and basically create a wifi hotspot :) then you just look for wifi networks on your ipad... simples as the meercats would say ;)

Wow thats great. Thanks for that!

x

No worries - reverting to IT support is a bad habit that is hard to shake LOL

Wooo amazing! I never knew that! Thank you so much for explaining :) xx

3G all the way....worth the extra for the portability...

Ok so I work from home and hav an iPhone so ended up with the wifi option will have to try hook it up to my phone may be coming back on for tech support ha ha!thanks for all your advice guys. Also just to let you know tesco are offering iPad 2 with £80 off IFC 6months while stocks last it's a fab deal!x

Ok so I work from home and hav an iPhone so ended up with the wifi option will have to try hook it up to my phone may be coming back on for tech support ha ha!thanks for all your advice guys. Also just to let you know tesco are offering iPad 2 with £80 off IFC 6months while stocks last it's a fab deal!x

I think there will be 'how to' guides on YouTube if you search! I live my apple iMac, MacBook, iPhone and iPad but do need a little help when it comes to these things!

Latest posts

Back