IPL Ellipse Machine-life expectancy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thalia

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Im really new to the forum, so im sorry if i have posted this in the wrong spot...

I'm looking at opening up a Skin Clinic doing IPL and other such wonders...

However i cannot really find much information or reviews on the Ellipse Machines except from Ellipse so im worried they may be baised...

Does anyone know or have any info. do you own one? Ellipse SPT??
If so. How long on average do the machines last. Do they Error / have problems often? How often do you have to change the hand unit etc? If yours breaks down do they replace it till its fixed etc?

And if you dont mind me asking what do you guys all do for insurance. I'm sorry for asking so many questions im just trying to compile my information before i take the plunge and put out the money!

Thankies.

Thalia
xx

Hi
I use a Pulsar IPL machine and it is fantastic. The machines are distributed worldwide with many top dermatologists using them including the president of the French dermatology society and is highly respected worldwide. Where in the country are you? X

Im in the Channel Islands, Im quite interested in the Ellipse. But cant find any user reviews or info...

Its been a while as I've been in maternity leave for past year so ill try to remember as much as i can. I used ellipse in my last salon. The machine was bought in 2003 so an older model I presume. The salon Had to be registered with the healthcare commission and have (I think yearly) inspections and my boss had to provide reports on it's use. The handpiece was charged with shots and when the shots ran out we had to change over the handpiece and send the other one back to be recharged-which cost more money. It rarely went wrong but we had regular services. If you damaged the crystal on the handpiece even slightly, it had to be replaced which was costly. We had some fantastic results from it and had many clients on treatment courses.it was very popular.

HTH

Last edited:
Oh and as far as I'm aware, the machine is still going strong :)

Hi ElleBelle. Thank you for your reply. I think they have changed the system with the shots now. So when you run out they send out a new dongle and once you receive it, you send it back. or at least thats what i have been told. and there is a 2 year warranty so they fix anything under that.

Fingers crossed all will go well. im going over to london in the next few weeks to have a afternoon with them and the machines!

Smooth
Hi Everyone!

Im really new to the forum, so im sorry if i have posted this in the wrong spot...

However i cannot really find much information or reviews on the Ellipse Machines except from Ellipse so im worried they may be baised...

If so. How long on average do the machines last. Do they Error / have problems often? How often do you have to change the hand unit etc? If yours breaks down do they replace it till its fixed etc?

And if you dont mind me asking what do you guys all do for insurance. I'm sorry for asking so many questions im just trying to compile my information before i take the plunge and put out the money!

Thankies.

Thalia
xx
Pulsar IPL manufacture two machines 1 is a portable IPL machine called the Duo, which can be used in the salon but has the added benefit of being light enough to be easily transported, to go to the client in the privacy of their own home.
The other is the Smooth, these machines by Pulsar have now been improved by a new cooling system,the repetition rate is now 2 seconds, this means that you get more flashes in a working day compared to a repetition rate of 3.5 seconds,more flash more cash.
My friends wife has purchased the Duo.
They went through everything with her,they had time to speak to her and answered all of her concerns.
The web is Intense Pulsed Light - Pulsar IPL - Hair Removal - IPL Systems - PulsarSales
They explained all the charges, and did not over complicate things.
Has for Ellipse i know they are very good, but she found that they were very expensive.
They also have the new screen on the Duo and Smooth which is truly fantastic and easy to use.
Hope this has been helpful.

We have had massive problems with Ellipse. We have just had a service and paid quite substantial amount of money thousands to get a replacement part. 3 weeks later another part has gone even though the engineer said that it was in fantastic condition when he came out and did a full service.
They are now quoting another £3500 for a repair and an additional call out - Ive just paid £4500 to repair and a call out fee of £750!

Talking about money grabbing, this is appauling. I wish I never got an ellipse machine.

Hi I have an Apollo 917 it's nine years old now and I'm thinking of upgrading I like the look of the Apollo super charged as it has a chiller etc but am keeping an open mind so will be watching this thread do you know if you can isolate the wavelengths with ellipse as I use my ipl for rejuv Alot ?

I know the SkinFirst System gives you 5 different specific filters to isolate each target in the skin.

It does seem worth it getting the different filters as the treatments become more specific and therefore effective.

Hope you find what your looking for!

:D

We use a Biotec combined IPL & Laser system which is very economical to operate and the service is good

:rolleyes:
Hi Everyone!

They are good but the repairs and service contracts are very expensive, we know one person that had to pay £4,000.00 for the HD part of her machine which is a bit of a pain to get hold off, but a friend of mine did get the machine fixed for a fraction of the cost.
Find out the lot before you purchase ask about service contrast out of warranty repair, they are good but the new models are made to make money after the sale?????

Thankies.

Thalia
xx

I know the SkinFirst System gives you 5 different specific filters to isolate each target in the skin.

It does seem worth it getting the different filters as the treatments become more specific and therefore effective.

Hope you find what your looking for!

:D
So you do not change the applicator, you change the filter instead but use the same applicator.

Hi Baz, sorry I haven't been on here for a while! Yes, you just change the filter in the applicator so you can treat hair removal, thread veins, pigmentation, Rosacea, acne, skin rejuvenation. There is also another optional applicator that I love for Radio Frequency skin tightening and lifting. It is amazing.

Anyway sorry again for the late reply! :lol:

Latest posts

Back