IPL insurance help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByNikki

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

The salon I am currently self-employed in has just purchased the Luminette Advance from Lynton Lasers.

I am looking at getting insured for Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation but am finding it quite difficult!

My current insurance company, ABT is the cheapest but will only insure up to skin type 4.

Salon Gold will not insure me unless I insure the machine which I cannot do as that is the salon owner's responsibility.

Babtac and The Guild want crazy money but will also only insure up to skin type 4.

I would appreciate it if anyone who is insured for higher than skin type 4 could let me know who they are with. I am not looking for a discussion on whether skin types above 4 should be treated but would be grateful to anyone who can advise on the insurance issue.

Thanks x

Hi sorry I can't advise on insurance because I am a nurse so insured under the RCN.
I was just wondering why you chose the Luminette?
I have been looking at this machine to lease or rent.

Also with a basic IPL system would you want to treat above a skin type IV? I am not sure I would want to. Did the company offer you training on darker skin types?

Hi, I had this when setting up my salon. No insurance company would cover skin types 4 and 5 so I don't offer them.

Hi sorry I can't advise on insurance because I am a nurse so insured under the RCN.
I was just wondering why you chose the Luminette?
I have been looking at this machine to lease or rent.

Mostly, efficacy. We spoke to other salon owners and out of all the patch tests it gave the best results. They're not into the hard sell, their reps are knowledgable and customer care is fantastic. In the end it was between this one and Ellipse. Lynton won for the above reasons.

We're not sure we'll get much call for skin type V so we are going to leave it for now. Our machine is capable of V and we are trained in V. We'll see if anyone needs above IV and then look into it more if necessary.

I have used the Elipse system years ago and it used to slow down when it got hot after doing large areas. Lynton rep assured me that the Luminette didn't do that.
We have a therapist where I work who does laser HR on all skin types, tatoo removal and other laser treatments. I will try and remember to ask her who does her insurance.

ABT £49.99 per person -we use it in our salon.

Latest posts

Back