IPL licence and registration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanneatplanet

Reaction score
Hi I am jyst starting to do ipl and my insurance company have said my premises must be registered but on search online I don't no who to register with, I've looked at my local council, read some posts saying you have to register with care quality commission but on website states that cosmetic ipl doesn't need registering getting confused don't know what to do any advice would be great thanks

Can. Anyone help x

I would contact your insurance company and ask who you are meant to be registered with and explain that your council don't require it!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi in 2010 many lasers and ipl were deregulated from registering with cqc. You only need register with them if you are doing medical treatment laser.

It's your local council, environmental health department you register with. I contacted my council and have an email on checks they do, if you let me know your email I'll forward it to you, there are two councils that do things slight different I think Birmingham and Nottingham, mainly regarding Fitzpatrick dark skins, don't quote me on that though.

I'm just working my way through council email then they're coming out to inspect, they've already been regarding SPMU so shouldn't be a problem.

Ps it isn't on most councils websites you need to call them, environmental health department, if you don't they can close you down and prosecute you.

Hi chrysalis thank you I'll call then in the morning see what they say does it cost to register if you could forward the email that would be great it's [email protected] thank you x

Latest posts

Back