Ipl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Quick question for all you experts out there.

Is IPL really effective in 6 treatments? Thinking of getting my underarms done, but just what results should I expect after 6 treatments.
I am dark haired and fair skinned if that makes any difference.

I saw a fab deal for it and thinking of buying it xx

As an IPL reciever....

I have had 4 treatments on my bikini line and I definitely notice a difference, but i would say another 2 treatments wouldnt be enough to get rid of it all.

Just my experience jen xxx

Thanks for that Kim, appreciate it xxx

Hi Jen! Most people are around 6 treatments with us, but we have a really good machine, think that makes all the difference. We had a couple of people in doing clinics in the salon with a different machine and clients needed a lot more treatments. It's difficult to estimate without seeing, but generally people with dark hair and pale skin are perfect candidates for ipl. Xxx

Thanks hun, which machine is it you use? I'll see if it is the same :)
Hope all is well, not chatted in ages xxx

Thanks hun, which machine is it you use? I'll see if it is the same :)
Hope all is well, not chatted in ages xxx

I'm good thanks Jen, hope you are well too! Get it done with an Ellipse machine, know there are a few places in Edinburgh have that machine, not sure if there's anywhere closer to you. I've had my underarms done 5 times and there are a couple of hairs left, but just really fine, blond ones, nothing really, it's soo worth getting done. xx

Allyballybee where are you located? Do you have a website?
Jen who had the offer? Iv been wanting my underarms done too, as I hate shaving them and I cant wax them myself lol as I get all in a fuddle as I cant do it properly there! x

I agree with allyballybee, Ellipse is one of the better machines. You are a perfect candidate, dark hair - fair skin. It's important that you keep to regular appointments, I think it's every 4 - 6 weeks. Look out for offers, one salon group has 50% off at the end of October.

Thanks for the advice ladies :) Karen it was on Groupon Glasgow. A ridiculous cheap price, 75% off for 6 treatments. It has finished now, but I am going to watch out for any more coming up xxx

Does this treatment hurt?? Iv just been looking into this, and I was also just on Groupon Edinburgh and they have a good deal for 6 treamtments Jen you should check it out! xx

Does this treatment hurt?? Iv just been looking into this, and I was also just on Groupon Edinburgh and they have a good deal for 6 treamtments Jen you should check it out! xx
Thanks Melanie, I actually just booked one last week in Glasgow, 2 small areas or 1 large, 6 treatments with the Ellipse machine at 86% off.
Sooo chuffed :) Got my consultation next week :)
I saw the one in Edinburgh as well, it looks like a slightly different procedure or machine i think, but fab deal as well xxx

Meant to say, I have been told it may be a little uncomfortable but not sore xx

hi.. i have a Viss beauty home ipl unit ( Home page ) and it only took 6 treatments for my legs to be hair free, and they have been for 6 months now, and show no sign of coming back, i have fairly olive skin, and light brown hair, and it worked great, also my arm hair took less it was more like 4 times, its hard to remember it was awhile ago! ha. yea i think it really depends on the amount of hair, and the color of your skin and hairs, because the treatment is based on sending light to create heat in the hair, i also have heard that it is a bit more painful if you have very dark hair, not as painful as laser, but not pain-free. anyways hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back