Ireland, self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domine

Reaction score
I have searched the forums but can't find an answer.
Is there anyone in Ireland who has gone self-employed? Did you have to register as a business/get an accountant? I'm hoping to start renting a booth or setting up at home in the next few months. I'm fully qualified in Nails/Beauty but plan to mainly concentrate on Nails.

Thank you!

I’m not in Ireland but I am in England.
I rent a table and pay rent to the owner every day I come in.
I don’t have an accountant as I find it manageable to work out my own out and incomings, hmrc also have a calculator where I can get an estimate of how much tax and ni to put as side each month.

If you are working from home then you need to get permission from your landlord if you rent. And you must get permission from the council!

Make sure you have insurance to cover everything and fb is a great way of advertising.
Hope this helps x

I’m not in Ireland but I am in England.
I rent a table and pay rent to the owner every day I come in.
I don’t have an accountant as I find it manageable to work out my own out and incomings, hmrc also have a calculator where I can get an estimate of how much tax and ni to put as side each month.

If you are working from home then you need to get permission from your landlord if you rent. And you must get permission from the council!

Make sure you have insurance to cover everything and fb is a great way of advertising.
Hope this helps x
Thank you! Yes I have insurance, we are about to buy a house so assume that I would then inform Mortgage company. Did you register as a Sole Trader?

Thank you! Yes I have insurance, we are about to buy a house so assume that I would then inform Mortgage company. Did you register as a Sole Trader?
Yes inform the mortgage company and I come under as sole trader x

Latest posts

Back