Irresistable neon pigments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
I just did my friends nails using the orange pigment and I found that it didn't look very bright or solid. I used it over 2 coats of studio white. Does anyone have any tips for making it look brighter and more solid. It almost looked a bit wishy washy. Thanks guys!

I have the same pigments! Maybe try mixing it with the white instead of putting it over? I haven't tried that but I've done it with other pigments with the same issue and that seemed to help! Maybe try that? Or put a tiny bit of the irresistible yellow neon in it!

What if you did your white and then applied the pigment over.. Top coated and then did another layer of pigment and then top coated that? I haven't tried it - just an idea..

I thought this nailcandymk. Wasn't sure if it would work.

I think it would work.... Cos I know you can do this with glitter so I'm sure u can do it With pigments too x

Think I will try it next time. Luckily it was only my friend and she doesn't pay, I just use her nails when I want to try something new.

I would apply over Cream Puff, rather than Studio White. Once cured, apply a coat of Clearly Pink and burnish the shadow into the tacky layer of the Clearly Pink. This makes it more solid. Hth x

So 2 coats of cream puff, then 1 coat of clearly pink and then burnish the shadow in? Or do 2 coats of cream puff, shadow, clearly pink and then another shadow?

2 coats of Cream puff, one coat of clearly pink, cure and burnish shadow into the tacky layer of the clearly pink. Then top coat. X

Thank you, I will try this. The reason I didnt use cream puff to start with is because I find it quite thick to apply over the whole nail

Latest posts

Back