Irresistible Glitter and Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlo nails

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Firstly apologies if this has been asked before but can you mix irresistible glitters in with additives? I know the new twinkles are out from sweetsquared but I can't afford them at the moment and just wondered if I could make a similar effect that way.

I'm not sure if they can be mixed, can't see why not. I know when I've done a green rockstar I've used both but I've applied hotski, then put yellow additive on to make it green to match my glitter, then added a layer of clearly pink and cured, burnished in my green glitter then top coated as usual. Reason I did it this way is when I added the glitter on to hotski on its own it changed the colour of the glitter so it wasn't a true green.

xxx

Just had a lightbulb moment!! Fingernail fixer did a video where she did a cream puff nail. Then on a diagonal put green foil on bottom 3rd of nail, green glitter on top 3rd of nail then put green additive into the middle and in any areas the foil and glitter hadn't covered to make the nail completely green. So its been mixed as such to do it.

xxx

i would say yes. it shouldnt make any difference how many bits you put on your shellac, your not mixing them in with it and changing the viscosity or anything just laying it inbetween layers.

if ever you are unsure try it..the most creative things happen from having a play, you only need to do one of your own nails and wear it for while to see if it works or not xx

Latest posts

Back