Irresponsible requests - are these par for the course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flanakat

Reaction score
Yes I am a new service and a novelty, yes I know that you are only used to having a general store that opens for 1 hour of the owners choice per evening. :eek:

But it doesn't matter how many times you ring me and try to change my mind,
I still WILL NOT perform a full set on p&w L&P acrylic enhancements on your 5 year old Granddaughter - its not appropriate, it's not ethical nor is it professional. Even if my insurance covered it - I still would not do it!

I don't care whose Wedding you are taking her to and actually yes, for your information I do know what 5 year old's are like and telling me that she needs them because everyone has them is tosh too, it's you who wants her to have them! I have six year old, she hasnt got them and neither have any of her friends, nor will they do, why?
Because it's not right! That's why! She's your Granddaughter, what does her Mum (your Daughter/Daughter in Law)think about you ringing me or does she not know? I'm sure she would have been really happy wouldn't she and maybe rushed around to my salon to have hers done to match?

And before you ask nor will I stick a tooth gem on her new front tooth or pierce her ears, nose or apply a full Airbrushed tan to her even if you do insist on telling me within every sentence that she is 5 going on 25!

And finally, NO, I canot and will not EVER recommend a fellow nail tech who will submit to your ridiculous demands!

Cross? Me? Never!

Flanakat
x

is this true?

I must admit I have just yesterday had a friend from college ask about f/glass for her 13yr old, as per usual I said no, funny thing is.... her cousin is a nail tech and she refused as well. So the mum is now going to buy the kit and do it herself, not content with 2 refusing. I can't talk her out of it so had to tell her to be very very very very careful!! With any luck she might give it a miss.

My 7 and 9yr daughters ask for tips, but they got a mini mani instead and were pleased with the nail art!! Due to the fact that polish is not permitted at school, they now look forward to every half term break to get their 'service' from mum and they like to pretend to be my clients. The best part......... Payment in chocolate!!!

Phew!!! They are easy to please so far. Besides, its up to the adults to be responsible and not give in to the kids.

I recently did a full set on a 12 year old for her Valetines Ball, she came back to have them removed a week later and they were perfectly fine!

I think I would apply party tips which only last a few days but never a full set one anyone under 16

I wouldn't for all the PG tips in china apply nails to anyone under the age of 16 - even for a wedding or whatever, I am sure there are plenty out there sadly (none of you fellow geeks i'm sure) and if needed I would ask for proof of age...to much to soon for one two young good on ya ..Flanakat

Bugs said:
is this true?

Fraid so!

she rang a few times last night and again this morning! :(

Flanakat
x

Fab Freak said:
I wouldn't for all the PG tips in china apply nails to anyone under the age of 16 - even for a wedding or whatever, I am sure there are plenty out there sadly (none of you fellow geeks i'm sure) and if needed I would ask for proof of age...to much to soon for one two young good on ya ..Flanakat

Hi Louise,

My sentiments entirely!

Thanks

Flanakat
x

Hi...

lindag said:
I think I would apply party tips which only last a few days but never a full set one anyone under 16

What ARE party tips please?

Deni said:
Hi...

What ARE party tips please?
Hiya,
I think they are full nail (usually pre-designed) that you apply to the full nail. They usually last up to two weeks......Nailorder sell them. They also do a pre-designed tip that you apply like you would a normal tip, then apply clear l&p over the tip and nail (as you would on a normal tip) shape and buff to a shine......I'm not sure which out of these two you would exactly class as a party tip though!!
Hope this helps abit
Amanda:biggrin:

Fab Freak said:
there was a post on this subject some time last year and yes i have applied fibreglass nails on an under 16 ,my daughter who was 9 at the time for a wedding when she was a bridemaid

you may find this link useful

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=773

I think the most important thing to say here is that it's important to stick to your guns and not to do anything you don't feel 100% happy with. :) Otherwise you'll only kick yourself if you go against your principles to please a client and it comes back and bites you on the arse!! :cry:

Oh yeah, and I'd say consent forms are pretty darn vital too! :biggrin:

G. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back