irritation on my OWN fingers.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Can someone help me on this one please. I have had acrylic nails on for a while now but for some reason i have noticed my own fingers going funny. They start off by itching, then go wrinkly, then little purple spots appear, then the spots go red and then the finger goes red & purple ( brusing ) I have never had this happen before and can not think why this has happened.
I have not banged my fingers or anything.
has anyone got any idea what is happening please. I hope i am not becoming allergic to acrylic as i prefer acrylic to gel, they sem to break easier.
Please help someone.
Laws.:(

Whereabouts is this irritation on your fingers? Is it just on one or two, or on them all?
Does it settle down when you are not at work for a few days?

Some tech's can get a skin irritation on the side of their hand from resting it on the pad they wipe their brush on, tsk tsk:irked: the other common place is your thumb and Index finger, usually through shaping & checking your brush with them instead of a lint free pad.

Check how you work and see if you are getting monomer on your skin during an enhancement service, and if so, change the way you work. Preferably whilst this is just an irritation, before it upgrades into an allergic reaction. HTH

Thanks for the advice. I think it is exactly what you may say it is now i think of it. Also, i seen my old man & ped lecturer at trampolining & she seems to think it is an allergic reaction to the acrylic chemicals. I will have to stick to gels i think. Thanks again,
Laws.x.:|

Thanks for the advice. I think it is exactly what you may say it is now i think of it. Also, i seen my old man & ped lecturer at trampolining & she seems to think it is an allergic reaction to the acrylic chemicals. I will have to stick to gels i think. Thanks again,
Laws.x.:|

Not necessarily.......just work with your products making sure no monomer touches your skin, that is the way it should be after all, if all else fails there are barrier creams, nitrile gloves etc......I know I just couldn't give up on L&P.

Not necessarily.......just work with your products making sure no monomer touches your skin, that is the way it should be after all, if all else fails there are barrier creams, nitrile gloves etc......I know I just couldn't give up on L&P.

Couldn't have put it any better myself defo barrier creams or gloves And I know I couldn't give up on L&P:lol:

I have a tech Friend who has contact dermatitis, her fingers get in the same state as yours, but for her its the dust from the L&P, it lands in the bends in her fingers and palms and off her skin goes, theres not much she can do about it and has become really careful of not letting the dust settle on her hands.

I have a tech Friend who has contact dermatitis, her fingers get in the same state as yours, but for her its the dust from the L&P, it lands in the bends in her fingers and palms and off her skin goes, theres not much she can do about it and has become really careful of not letting the dust settle on her hands.

Many years ago I had a client with this problem. We bought cotton gloves from Boots and cut the tips off the fingers. the client wore them during her nail service, then took them home laundered them and brought them back for every appointment. I was a trainee then and created too much dust! but the problem was solved until I improved my application.

Where there's a will there's a way!!

Latest posts

Back