Is £20 too much for a ladies cut & finish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cut and blow dry is 25 and I'm mobile my clients think thats a good price as they are used to paying so much more in a salon. Charge what you think you are worth, I do promotions alot and have a loyalty card so my clients end up getting a
Discount after their second and fourth visit.

why turn their cash away?[/QUOTE]

if they want me to cut their hair its a cut and style dry, just my choice.

i dont actually get asked very often for a wet cut, but when i explain why i dont do them they are happy to pay. as i said it depends on your clientele i dont have any clients with grey boring layers..

why do top salons not do wet cuts??

i would rather earn £35 possible more if you turn the service around into a treatment/col/retail than earn £10, need less clients to make more money

Last edited:
I charge £25, if more than 1 person have their hair done in the same house I give a 5% discount, plus birthdays all my clients receive a £5 voucher from me, so most actually never pay £25. I do also take cards and don't charge anymore. If the clients don't like it let them go elsewhere, you're better doing less work for more money. I very recently had a friend/client tell me she can't afford my prices £70 full head foils inc cbd, she only has her hair done twice a year so I do low maintenance for her, the stupid woman went or should I say was poached by what she thougt was a cheaper hairdresser, this hairdresser has applied a full head colour and charged £37, don't think she will be getting away with twice a year now lol! Stick to your guns cos you're worth it!

I think thats a low price. I charge £31.50 for cut & finish in my salon.
Why would you want to lower your price you have to make a living. Don't get into price wars with clients, you won't make any money and those type of clients will be off to the next cheap hairdresser.

You could have one day when you offer a discoun, but other than that if you think your worth the money I personally would not lower your prices.

xx

Yeah I'd love to charge this and I used to charge more but my area has changed and round here you can't charge more than £25 people will NOT pay!!

its crap when that happens, hows the salon going?

Yeah I'd love to charge this and I used to charge more but my area has changed and round here you can't charge more than £25 people will NOT pay!!

just out of interest, do you do dry/wet cuts Blue?

Well Blue Hopefully in the future after building up a lot of clients you will be in demand & be able to sneak those prices up. How's it going? With this weather this week we have been quieter x Loved your photos of salon by the way x

hiya i charge £18-22 for CBD and a lot of these clients will wash their hair before i get there..... and thats their choice, they are all told i will wash the hair with my own products etc but some choose not to. i wont do a dry cut or wet cut only unless its a child, and i wouldnt go out for that alone. thats my personal choice, as i find its not worth it with petrol and time to get to each house etc. Im not in a great area, and salons are around the £17-25 region, other mobile girls are £10-20. yes iv had people saying my prices are high (though my full head hilites start at £40....) but id rather not be busting my gut travelling about cutting more hair to make the same money. I will discount for more than one person in same house at same time though xxx

im mobile and i charge £22 for short hair and £24 for long, never had anyone query it, and always really busy, i also don't do dry or wet cuts and my minimum call out charge is £20! out of that £20 you still have to take out of that a wage, your travel costs, use of products, insurance, national insurance, tax etc so stick to your guns xXx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

The salon is going well, this week has turned out to be an amazing week!! I don't do dry cuts and no one wants wet cuts! It's on my price list but not get booked for. I charge more than most for c/bd but they get 1-1 personal time with me not pushed from pillar to post like most salons here c

my opinion you cant give the best haircut possible by dampening it quick cut the finished. i would much prefer in depth consultation talk about face shapes and movement of hair etc, shampoo, cut, show the client how to dry their hair to achieve the same look everyday at home talk about retail products.

20 mins wet cut £10 or 45mins design cut and style dry £35

depends on your clientele i suppose

I prefer cut and finish but I still do as good a cut as I would if I were finishing it.
I wouldn't give them a cut worth half the price because they're paying half the price, your clients have to manage their hair on a day to day basis is the cut is MOST important whether it's a damp down or a cut and finish.
Ii'd say I have 20% of just damped down cuts, if you have a regular client in every 5 weeks who you know is going to have 'the same again please' can do you still do an in depth consult ?

Hi i charge £24 mobile and £29 at salon and i am still v competitive!!

I sometimes feel as mobile we should Be charging at least the same as a salon as its convenient . I take the salon experience with me - mirror chair , mags , shampoo conditioner treatments . :)

why turn their cash away?

if they want me to cut their hair its a cut and style dry, just my choice.

i dont actually get asked very often for a wet cut, but when i explain why i dont do them they are happy to pay. as i said it depends on your clientele i dont have any clients with grey boring layers..

why do top salons not do wet cuts??

i would rather earn £35 possible more if you turn the service around into a treatment/col/retail than earn £10, need less clients to make more money[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you are busy enough to have the choice, I wish I was in some ways but actually I care about the client who can't afford the full service and as most of these customers are literally a 2 minute drive away i'm glad to be able to offer them a good haircut without the high pressure sell.

Mobile hairdressing is most often a 'different' clientbase than the salon, most of my colouring clients can't stand the salon atmosphere, much prefer relaxing in their own homes and as earlier geek said, the 1 to 1 attention - maybe they should pay more for this? maybe not, i've not many overheads and its their heating/water/electric and they make me a coffee!!:biggrin:
to the OP, I think £20 is more than reasonable, but just before they hang up - why not offer a wet cut? (all depends on distance of course)

I know a mobile who targets wealthy, time poor women and charges a premium for her services (I think she charges around £40.00 for CBD). She often has to work evenings and weekends but that's part of her service. I also believe she gives big discounts for two or three CBDs at he same time (family, friends etc).
That way she saves on travelling time and petrol etc.

I don't think £20.00 is expensive in the slightest. Stick to your guns and maybe market yourself in wealthier areas.

XX

I charge £15 for a CBD. I don't charge extra for travel as long as it's within 90 minutes drive time - I drive a diesel and get really good mileage, plus we are entitled to claim back mileage on the self-assessment at the end of the tax year.

I know nothing about hairdressing as I do beauty but as a client id be happy with that price but I think its quite cheap tbh!

Blimey, I'm obviously living in the wrong bit of the country. A cut and blow dry costs at least £40 around here!
I'm not a hairdresser but I would never put your prices too low as even if you increase them by a tiny amount every couple of years or so clients are NOT happy!

I charge £15 for a CBD. I don't charge extra for travel as long as it's within 90 minutes drive time - I drive a diesel and get really good mileage, plus we are entitled to claim back mileage on the self-assessment at the end of the tax year.

oh my 90min drive? that cant work out much per hour? x

90 mins there and 90 mins home or just 90mins all together? Is it worth it for just a cut and blow dry you'd spend half of that in petrol nowadays wouldnt you? Do you have to do this
Alot? X

Latest posts

Back