Is £20 too much for a ladies cut & finish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky0189

Reaction score
Just lately im getting new customers calling to book a hair appointment witg me a mobile hairdresser & just as weve bookd an appointment they ask how much...fair enough right. so when i say ladies cut & finish £20 they then go ok ill leave it! is £20 tok much?

I'm a salon but charge £22

I think thats a low price. I charge £31.50 for cut & finish in my salon.
Why would you want to lower your price you have to make a living. Don't get into price wars with clients, you won't make any money and those type of clients will be off to the next cheap hairdresser.

You could have one day when you offer a discoun, but other than that if you think your worth the money I personally would not lower your prices.

xx

Hey there, I'm a mobile stylist & I charge "from" £18 depends on length etc... Hth. :D

When i left the salon to go mobile my ladies cut & finish was £29 and would of kept going up if id have stayed.

No I dont think its too expensive.

dont think 20 is too expensive but depends on your area and what salons are charging.

blue you should be charging more than that with ur knowledge, bloody bargain!!

hi tiffany, I do believe that im worth the £20, im proffessional, top salon trained ect i just expect people to say how much do you charge for a ladies cut & finish first if theyre on a budget. i understand times are tough for people. I supose it knocked me abit, iv never met these people and they didnt give me a chance to show that i am worth it x

Thanku! I go anywhere and anywhere as long as its no more than an hours drive! I no some wouldnt do that.

A lipstick cost me £23.50 today they got that sale in less thsn 5 mins without trying and i went to them...its more than my cuts lol

Yes i thought Blue would charge more, he seems well respected on here.
I think in this climate it's hard not to lower prices but believe me once you do you will wish you hadn't. I have had a salon for over 13 years and once i made a mistake of thinking oh clients won't/can't afford that bacause of area i was in, worst thing to do if they like you and are getting value and great service they will pay more than you think.

You should be pricing by what you need to cover bills and make a profit, so if its £20 a hour then stick to itx

you have answered it yourself, target a different clientele! charge what you believe you are worth and what ppl are willing to pay x

I find a lot of my customers prefer just a cut, I think as they are in their own home and they don't have to walk out onto the street, they can dry it themselves ans save money? its a shame because you can't show them how it could look but everyone is cutting down and I think a lot of the customers who want that blowdried salon look prefer to have the salon experience as well.

Feeling better now! Going self employed brings up a different challange all the time and when your doing it alone theres no1 to ask. So glad i found salon geek :)

you've made 2 excellent points there nicky, 1. is that when you were salon you charged more than that and 2. is tat lipstick costs more and they wouldn't haggle for that would they. i find it frustrating too pple will go to a salon and pay through the nose but won't pay for someone who comes right to their door step because somehow they think yous should be cheaper???? why?!!!:mad:

i dont do wet cuts well i do small kids, i refuse point blank,

Nicky I know its hard when people ring my salon or pop in for a price some do say "God your expensive" it's hard to let them go. If they do ask why i say we use good products, spend money on education to keep up to date and are qualified and experienced to give them a great cut,colour etc.

Word of mouth will get round that your not the cheapest but you are good. One thing i notice is clients always comment how clean we keep the salon and i wonder where they have been before! lol

I think on principal i understand a stylist wanting to cut and finish their creation, but as a business - think how many people there are in your area with boring short grey layers, who will only ever want boring short layers and do pay someone £10-14 every 6 weeks to 'keep it tidy', it takes 20 minutes and you've got that cash in your purse - why would you refuse that?

my opinion you cant give the best haircut possible by dampening it quick cut the finished. i would much prefer in depth consultation talk about face shapes and movement of hair etc, shampoo, cut, show the client how to dry their hair to achieve the same look everyday at home talk about retail products.

20 mins wet cut £10 or 45mins design cut and style dry £35

depends on your clientele i suppose

I totally agree that its better to provide your client with the complete package but people are cutting back and if you've got enough clients who are willing to pay that much for a mobile hairdresser thats brilliant its just there are really nice clients out there who can benefit from a good haircut (they wash it before I get there) but will never buy products from me, probabley don't even own a hairdryer but they look a lot better than when I took them on and are regulars - why turn their cash away?

Latest posts

Back