Is £600 a month rent for a very small room too expensive ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hev

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I need some urgent advice i am thinking about renting a beauty room, intially the owner requested £700 a month all incl of bills for a very small beauty room or 500 plus a % of bills which would equate to 700 a month.

After some negotiating she has come back with £600 all in per month and review in 6 months. Im still a little unsure, i think its still a little expensive with the intial outlay of having to redecorate and kit room out.

What you think? xx

whats the location like?

if you think you can cope with paying out £150 a week regardless if you use it or not and that includes holidays and sickness, then fine, but thats quite a few treatments that you have to do each week before you even start to make any profit let alone a wage.

saying that, if you opened your own premises think of all of the outlay, rent, rates, leccy, phone, biz rates, insurance, etc, etc, etc.

Will you be able to sleep at night or will you be worrying about every cancelled appointment?

Yes - it's very expensive for a small room.

At the minute there is quite an abundance of commercial premises. Have a good dig around your area and you could find something much bigger and better for less than that.

Joy x

hmm wot u think... i got it down from 700 to 600.... i think it a little steep and yeah i would be worrying i think..

shall i go back and say 500 is my top offer x

doesn't sound like she will be happy with that. has anyone ever hired the room before?

You have to decide what YOU are comfortable paying out if you have no clients. How much savings have you got? You may have a few sparse weeks, so can you cover the rent?

yeah it was rented before but girl has moved to a new salon now, so probs took clientel.

i have to pay 600 upfront. im just concerned it may be alot, esp as on 1 day a week i would want to pay someone a wage or comm to cover me.

really cant decide

Keep in mind too, she may be paying that amount to her landlord, getting you to foot the bill, winter is coming....

It would definately depend on the location, how much overflow she has coming into the salon, and mostly, what you have for clientelle now, how you work your business. Like mentioned before, find out if she has rented the room before, and what rooms go for in your area.

Even 500 is steep for what she is offering, a bit greedy I think.

It's so tough to find a good fit in a salon, I hope things work out for you :hug:

Hi..
I have worked in salons and now have my own salon, so i can see it from both sides.
My advice to you would be this..

If the location is good and the standard of the salon is high where you will be renting from, then i would say it will be worth every penny.

Regarding what the salon owner has to pay out, this is really not your concern. Your concern is YOUR business. If you start off resenting having to pay for your space that resentment will only get worse.
Yes there are always cheaper or bigger premises out there but its all about location and clientel.
Only you can decide, and i wish you best of luck ..

Write out a list of pros and cons and see what you come up with.

Has others have said it really does depend on what you will be getting for your Money.
If its a salon in a prime location with lots of customers, plus passing trade then it may be worth the price but remember how many sets you will need to do in a week and what your over heads will be before Jumping in and making a descision.

Where is the shop located? x

romford, got it for 550 a month

Good luck with your new venture.

You must be so excited!

Joy x

All the best :hug:

Latest posts

Back