is 1000 leaflets enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
Hi all, just gonna post some leaflets to try to increase my client base (home salon). I am advertising from the 1st June on Yell.com and have 1000 leaflets to post locally. However, many threads on here refer to 5000 leaflets and i am wondering if 1000 is too little. I suppose I could try these and then maybe post further afield if there is not much response. What do you think? x

Are you doing a door to door leaflet drop? Leaflet drops aren't very sucessful, I think its something ike 2% comeback.
Sassy wrote a guide to advertising, if you do a search you could find it.
hairdressers, bridal shops, local offices etc. would be best in my opinion than a leaflet drop.

Depends on demographics for your area - how many people live there? If I were to do our town it has a population of 53,000 so 1000 wouldn't be enough.
Trouble is with door to door is you don't know who is behind the door and therefore can't target - if it were me and its just my opinion, I would take my 1000 leaflets and hand them out in town centre on a busy saturday (obviously it depends on what level of people would be local and how many would be there to shop and therefore not be long term customers possibly)

I recently did a 10,000 drop, so far I have had 30 back from the offer that was on it! I was hoping for 100 ie 1%, so they were quite expensive clients to gain.....having said that though, most have rebooked and that's 30 more clients to tell their freinds and colleagues and relatives about their great experience at the salon.

I was totally fully booked last week and just filled my last gap for this week today, so maybe if they didn't bring the leaflet back, they were made aware of the salon to book an appointment....so many people come in and say I didn't even know you were here.....and I'm on a busy high street, busy as in traffic, not foot walkers......need to grab some more eye catching ideas for the drivers....I'm right by a pedestrain crossing!

I have decided not to go in Yellow Pages next time, I'm just sticking with my enhanced listing on yell.com, which is where my YP referrals come from in the main. I don't think my YP ad has paid for itself at all.

Good luck with it all. :hug:

Every year we do one Royal Mail door-to-door delivery of our new price list (around 12,000) We find it to be very successful - it encourages a new client base and reminds people in the area that we are there. I would advise you have a professional price list/brochure designed. 12,000 printed and delivered cost us around £1,300 but we find it is the only marketing advertising expense we have each year. It works for us.

Latest posts

Back