Is a colour cleanse really bad for your hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
I've had some very dark brown slices put through my fringe and sides which I hate. It's too dark against my skin and I look like I'm ill:(

My hairdresser has said that I can't do anything other than keep washing in head and shoulders to make it fade and at my next appointment, she'll put a warm semi over it.

Now here's my dilemma:lol: I've just finished a new client (hairdresser at different salon) and she's advised me that I could have a colour cleanse to lift the colour and then put on a warm semi. Does this 'cleanse' knacker your hair up? or am I better to put up with looking like someone from the Adams family.

I've had some very dark brown slices put through my fringe and sides which I hate. It's too dark against my skin and I look like I'm ill:(

My hairdresser has said that I can't do anything other than keep washing in head and shoulders to make it fade and at my next appointment, she'll put a warm semi over it.

Now here's my dilemma:lol: I've just finished a new client (hairdresser at different salon) and she's advised me that I could have a colour cleanse to lift the colour and then put on a warm semi. Does this 'cleanse' knacker your hair up? or am I better to put up with looking like someone from the Adams family.

HI there ,
no it doesn't Knacker your hair up if it is done professionally
and by someone who knows what they are doing .

It is usually a very mild solution that will gently lift the color up a couple of shades this is usually done at the shampoo bowl
this is watched carefully as visual lifting to the desired shade takes place.

If you are at all unsure I would call in before you book an appointment and ask her to do a test piece for you this will show you how the condition of the hair will be afterwards ,
and it will show you what color it will achieve
Any good stylist will only be to happy to do this for you :hug: HTHx

Thanks Minky, I will ask for a test piece.x

Latest posts

Back