Is a mobile table necessary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah:-)

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum (and nails!) I have so far found it very informative and friendly, so thank you :)

My question is for mobile nail technicians.

How do you work? Do you take mobile tables with you or work with whats there (ie a dining room table etc?)

I only ask this because I was looking to buy one (just presumed thats what i needed to do) but a very experienced Beauty therapist does my
Mums nails and just turns up with a box of goodies and sits at the dining room table!

Thanks in advance,
Sarah xx

I have a table. Never use the clients. I'd be too afraid of spilling something and causing damage. Don't feel like having to pay my $1000 insurance deductible over a pretty unavoidable situation! I have a cheap $20 table from Walmart that works great. I put one large white towel over to cover it then my service towel and paper towel and things I can't fit on the table I put on top of my trolley bag right beside me. Most stuff does fit on my table though! I think it's totally worth it having your own table.

Hi and welcome to the forum :biggrin:

I take my own for the following reasons

1. My back thanks me for having a nice sized table. Leaning over a wide dining table to reach someones hand (that they slowly move further away as they relax) is pretty evil on our backs and us nail techs have to look after them.

2. Spillages - acetone and monomer are very quick to remove lacquer and colour from tables. I would rather avoid the insurance claims.

3. Not all clients have a dining table or anything similar and then you're screwed :wink2: xx

I have my own table, that way I know it the right and width height for me to work, I don't have any accidents on a clients table and also like the ther day when a clients mum said can you do them in the bedroom as husbands got someone round, I could easily.

My table is small and easy to take and I also thnk it looks professional having everything you need apart from the chairs :)

Also I wanted to add, doing nails over the edge of the dining table isn't easy

This is the one I have, perfect for me.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6092146.htm

Last edited:
i took a table to a clients and when i got there she didnt have a table or chairs and had to get chairs from the garden so i would definitely get one! your back will appreciate it aswell.

ive said before also that a friend of mine used to use peoples ironing boards as its a better sixe to work from and if you cover with a large towel you would never know!also everyone has an ironing board!

Thanks for the reply's!

Just to add....I will be buying a table as I think it's professional to be all kitted out, my mums beauty therapist just got me wondering what others do :)

....I'd have to blow the dust off my ironing board Souz ;-)

I have a fold away camping table from Outdoor World complete with 2 little stools that clip inside it...looks like a big briefcase when it's folded away. So many clients comment on how good and professional they think it is...a lot say "oh my last nail tech didn't bring a table, I prefer that you don't have to put all those liquids and stuff on my table". And only cost about £40. Couldn't be without it now.

And the spillages I've had....thank god it marked my table rather than theirs :o

Edit: this is it but Outdoor World don't sell it anymore and it's dearer on this site http://www.priceinspector.co.uk/d/18337488/Garden--amp-Leisure/Coleman-Portable-Pack-Away-2-Person-Camping-Table-compare-prices

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

As Miss Owen said above;
1 - Protect your back by not sitting at a weird angle
2 - Not everyone has a table
3 - if you use someone else's table and spill on it without covering it properly, your Insurance may not be valid.

This question comes up a lot and I don't understand why, as a Table is an essential part of a Mobile Nail Technicians kit.

Even though I have a Hairdryer, if my Mobile Hairdresser turned up with out one I would think it was weird!

Sorry to jump in on this but I also have a question! *waves hand in the air* :) what do you all do about chairs? I have got a table but wondered what you all do about seating? Obviously not very client has a dining table and chairs & a sofas would be too low etc? X

Sorry to jump in on this but I also have a question! *waves hand in the air* :) what do you all do about chairs? I have got a table but wondered what you all do about seating? Obviously not very client has a dining table and chairs & a sofas would be too low etc? X

I bring my own folding chair and its never been an issue with people sitting on their couch. They prefer it actually. My table has different height levels as well.

Aw I see, mine doesn't adjust in height so will need to get a couple of folding chairs then I think...thanks

I was thinking the same about chairs! great minds....

My table doesnt adjust but i only take a chair for myself. If clients dont have any chairs and sit on the sofa, some find it a little low and just stick a cushion under their bum. I carry a table a HUGE box and my own chair so i dont feel bad letting them get themselves sorted and seated somewhere comfortably :D xx

Latest posts

Back