Is anyone else feeling as disappointed as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys think a few hours is bad? Us in Australia wait WEEKS to get the new products, sometimes longer as we always seem to be the last ones!!!

yes !!! I'm still waiting for my forbidden collection :( wah :(

I have to say I saw the queue yesterday and decided not to join it as it was so long. I don't use Shellac (I'm a Gelish tech) but I have bought from S2 before (Vinylux and tools etc) and I was really interested to look at some of the other products such as the Spa ranges etc to see what was on offer. I am the sort of person that likes to see, smell, touch products before purchasing rather than just an internet order so thought the show would be the ideal place to do this. Because of the queue I didn't get the opportunity and went somewhere else. It is a shame as I would have spent money with S2 yesterday had the organisation of the stall been better.

You guys think a few hours is bad? Us in Australia wait WEEKS to get the new products, sometimes longer as we always seem to be the last ones!!!

I know!! I want the intimates collection so bad :( just the cons of living 1 million hours away from everyone else!!

I find it so hard to read all this crap about a company who have brought us shellac? It's the thing that's kept us all going as far as I'm concerned throughout the recession? Nobody asks for any other product in our area & for what it costs us per application & what we charge our ladies is giving us a good deal? So come on ladies give s2 a break? If you don't want to wait then don't? Order online? If you chose to wait for hours don't come on here & start moaning? Surely it was your choice to wait? We had an amazing day had a fab chat with sam & Samantha & know they only try there best for us? If the hold the key to the most desired product in the industry give them a little respect that the tried to do something new? As for the discount I sure as hell don't discount at Christmas it's when I make some money? Why would they do the same? Wish people would stop moaning when all the staff at s2 are fab

I would like to heart this more than once! if you dont want to queue dont! i had a fantastic time in queue big chat with mrs Geek saw lots of special EAs and made some new friends found out lots of info about dashing diva and faith lift and even got a close up photo of Amy Childs with the fabulous Justine Crick doing her nails.
Stop moaning its not compulsory to buy Shellac the day it comes out.

First or all this isn't a rant, I genuinely love shellac and I kinda want everyone to restore my faith in them because after Olympia, I really feel like they just want my money. ,

My original post was actually asking for people to restore my faith in shellac, being told to "stop moaning" is hardly doing that now is it? Olympia is what prompted me to write it but I never actually mentioned s2, I mentioned cnd, as distributors, s2 can only price their stock according to cnd and how they deem they should be priced, I understand that. No one told me to wait in line, I did that after being told by a member of the s2 team that it would be about an hour.

And just to add, shellac did not make my business, I was successful before it was invented, as was many, but my custom, along with everyone else who buys from them, is what keeps s2 in business, so we deserve to be treated like we treat our clients, like gold, because that's what we are!

I know!! I want the intimates collection so bad :( just the cons of living 1 million hours away from everyone else!!

me too !! apparently its November for us :( :sad:

My original post was actually asking for people to restore my faith in shellac, being told to "stop moaning" is hardly doing that now is it? Olympia is what prompted me to write it but I never actually mentioned s2, I mentioned cnd, as distributors, s2 can only price their stock according to cnd and how they deem they should be priced, I understand that. No one told me to wait in line, I did that after being told by a member of the s2 team that it would be about an hour.

And just to add, shellac did not make my business, I was successful before it was invented, as was many, but my custom, along with everyone else who buys from them, is what keeps s2 in business, so we deserve to be treated like we treat our clients, like gold, because that's what we are!
In your original post, you repeatedly referred to 'they' which not only points a finger at CND but also at Sweet Squared whether you intended to or not as 'they' were the suppliers at the trade show.

Geeks perhaps need to be reminded that for a couple of years, CND/Sweet Squared did not exhibit at trade shows in the UK due to exorbitant costs to rent a space and people moaned about that too. Even back then, queues were long.

So if S2 had doubled their staff and tills, then queuing times would have been down to 1 and half hours and people still would have moaned.

Like others, I did not want to fight queues and crowds so I stayed at home with my family and I will order on line. No queue and a little for postage and packaging. So far, I can say with my hand on my heart that Sweet Squared customer service has been excellent.

Last edited:
Stop moaning its not compulsory to buy Shellac the day it comes out.

Hmm. A tad harsh I feel.

Spare a thought for the other exhibitors at Olympia. A goodly proportion of their prospective customers were in a queue for several hours, after which many were too knackered to even contemplate looking at other stands!

I started the q, then was handed a brochure to see smoothing gel wasn't there (which is what I really wanted!) so asked one of the "helpers" and she said you may aswell order online cause it's not vat free or anything..... That saved me 3 hours as I sat and had my lunch and ordered it :) was disappointed but I love their stuff and when ordering online and booking my conversion course I've had great customer service. Must be daunting for the staff though knowing a 3 hour q is waiting for you :S they can only do what they have been told after all..... X x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I started the q, then was handed a brochure to see smoothing gel wasn't there (which is what I really wanted!) so asked one of the "helpers" and she said you may aswell order online cause it's not vat free or anything..... That saved me 3 hours as I sat and had my lunch and ordered it :) was disappointed but I love their stuff and when ordering online and booking my conversion course I've had great customer service. Must be daunting for the staff though knowing a 3 hour q is waiting for you :S they can only do what they have been told after all..... X x x

That was suppose to say started to q! I wish I started the q lol!

If a non pro gets hold of shellac i can't see them doing a good job of it anyway.

I just wanted to add that one of the sweet team were also being less than truthful about how long the queue was and once you'd been in it for a certain amount of time you felt compelled to stay in it.

I know this because I had mentioned that I'd been in the queue for an hour already and she was telling people that were starting the queue who had twice as far to go to get to my position that the entire queue would only take them one hour xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I was one of those in the long queues yesterday, myself and my husband arrived at Olympia at about 9.00am. We were let in early at about 9.30 and like many others, hot footed straight to S2. First of all I saw my lovely educator Pamela handing out brochures, so that was nice - she always brings a smile to my face, and then we joined the queue. We were there for about an hour I would say, and during that time the S2 staff were always there, always cheerful and upbeat, and answered everyone's questions. The stand was beautifully decorated, with all the Vinylux, and Shellac on display, and all the Educators had nail pops with everything so we could see the colours "in the flesh". As I had my husband with me, I was able to nip up to the demo ladies and get a couple of nails done - I had a Dashing Diva french wrap done - I was interested in this before the Show but wanted to see it demonstrated first - so this sold it to me, and a Dashing Diva Tattoo. Was lovely speaking to all the others in the queue - and yes there was the odd moan about the waiting times, but like me, everyone was keen to get their hands on the stuff. I had great fun spotting all the Educators - I am quite a newbie so didn't go to the Event, and this was my first Olympia - was quite star struck ;-). When we finally got to the till, the staff were full of apologies for the long wait. The queue to pick up my order was much quicker, and once again the lady that handed over my bag was full of apologies.
I went to the show knowing there was going to be a queue - so it really didn't bother me that much. Hopefully the queues weren't so bad today - I bet everyone working on the S2 booth had very sore feet today. I think dealing with a till system that had gone wrong, and was out of their hands, and what must have been thousands of queuing nail techs, the S2 team did a fantastic job. Would I have been so happy had I been queuing for 3 hours like some people? Yes, I think I probably would have. Oh, and as we were leaving at 5.30pm or so, I went back to say goodbye to Pamela - and she was still there - still smiling x

My husband used to do shows and i can tell you now it is bl***y hard work especially at Olympia. Access in and out of there is a nightmare! I cannot even imagine the labour that went into building and tonight breaking that stand down after being on your feet for 2 very long days. Yesterday there genuinely was a technical error, I really felt for them all and if the staff continued to talk to you all with smiles on their faces then they deserve a medal. They were trying out a new system and ok it didn't quite go to plan, I am sure they didn't deliberately want you all queuing for 2+ hours and from what some of your are saying you left the queue without purchasing so S2 would have lost money when they have had a HUGE financial outlay. The cost of that stand space alone would have been horrific! All I can say is hope they had a better day today and everything ran a lot smoother. I will be going to excell in Feb/March and I will get there early but if I have to queue then I will. X

The fact is a three hour queue in not acceptable. There was a very unfortunate error that caused an even longer queue time than normal, however S2 queues are always long. I didn't go this year, but I remember queuing 2 hours 2 years ago for 3 Shellac colours! Crazy huh!? I loved it though at the time, soaked up the atmosphere, but vowed I'd never do it again. The deals never better the cost of travelling etc and as I solely use S2/CND there are no other distributors I need to visit, so I'm happy to wait a few days to order online.

I don't think anyone should be telling anyone to stop moaning. As I said, 3 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to wait- period- regardless of whether it was by fault or design (it was obviously by fault) it is excessive.

I've also seen the deals and don't believe they were particularly good this year, so another blow for those having to wait 3 hours.

It sounds as if today is running better which is fantastic news- a sigh of relief for customers and S2 alike.

Hopefully next year they will have the queuing system sorted and better deals will be on offer as a thank you to everyone for their on-going support and custom to S2 and CND. Let's not forget, this is a two way partnership for both customer and distributor. It's not about hero worship but mutual respect and gratitude between both parties.

:Love:

Can I play devil's advocate here?

If you were booked like crazy for a certain type of manicure (let's call it a 'geek' manicure) and you were booked to the point that you had 200 people queuing up outside your salon to book an appointment, would you honestly then announce a discount? I would see there to be no reason to offer any special deals or discounts if you already had 200 people wanting to buy something, infact I would hazard a guess it would only add more people to your queue and create further disappointment and queue times.

If you don't have the thing that everyone wants, then yes, I can see why you would want to run an offer at a trade show, simply to try and attract people to your stand and hopefully get them to part with some money. But when you have under supply and over demand, that's not the time for any business (whether supplier or nail tech) to start reducing their prices. Wouldn't you agree?

I see want you are saying here but for my most loyal clients, I give loyalty discounts, refer a friend and at xmas a little gift. so in a way they do get a discount whatever the season.

I waited for 3 hours & 45 minutes yesterday - yes 3 hrs & 45 mins. No I'm not happy about it (I have a blister on my little toe !!) I am tired, miserable.
No, the deals were not the best we have seen from sweet square and I think we go to the show as we don't know what deals sweet squared will be offering until you are there and there have been some fab deals in the past, I also go because of the worry of them selling out.

But ultimately, I blame myself, it was my choice to go and my choice to queue that long. Would I do it again, no I dont think so, but I am not laying the blame on sweet squared although I do wonder if they are beginning to like the fact that they are the one stand at the show with a huge long queue around it all day long

H xx

Last edited:
At the end of the day no one is attacking anyone personally! I'm sure S2 work hard, the same as we do but this isnt personal, business is business!!

They want to make a profit the same as we do! People will always look/want discounts as it's this that adds to our profits the same as S2 will do the same when acquiring the product! Can't Blane people for asking! Wouldn't we all be foolish if we didn't look for ways to save money! My accountant is always questioning whether I can lower my expenses!!

Hmmm difficult one this, we all need massive popularity and brand recognition to boost our businesses. By default that means the demand will be huge, expect it, plan for it and either wait out the queue or wait it out until they are available online.

Personally, I'd like to have seen more demos like there have been in previous years to keep the queues interesting but the Tibby Olivier launch took precedence over nail demos which was fair enough.

It's always evident how hard the s2 guys work at these shows so the glitches were unfortunate but seems like its all sorted today.

Let's not forget, this is a two way partnership for both customer and distributor. It's not about hero worship but mutual respect and gratitude between both parties.

We always say in our office: without them there is no us.

....anyone remember when people used to moan when sweet Squared didn't do the Shows :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back