Is anyone else feeling as disappointed as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read through all of the posts here but I definitely get the gist!

I spent almost the whole of the show up on the gallery working on the Nailympics so watched from afar. S2 is always rammed but this time: WOW!!

I know how hard they've worked on crowd control every show and they spend more and more on making it better. They don't want to upset customers or other stands!! And as for just wanting your money.....um, yes they want that too! After all they are a business. As technicians, don't you want your clients money even if you do sometimes upset some of them by having no room in your appnt book??

I have to say, I don't get this moaning about 'show deals'! If you want a bargain go to all the market stall that are on the periphery! Shows are about learning from demos, talking to the experts about any problems you're experiencing etc. They should be a mini teaching course and all for the price of your travel! With so many experts and demos on that stand there was time for everyone.

I just do not get queueing for 3 hrs then complaining! Don't queue!

That stand was genius and, in my opinion, an 'industry standard' for how modern design, company investment and technology can work for businesses (except when WiFi fails!!!)

Beautifully put as always xx

I went yesterday and found the whole S2 experience was great (apart from the picker forgetting my free remover wraps, but that was soon sorted with a phone call this morning) I loved the way that the queue was through a walkway displaying all of the products, it reminded me of waiting in line at Selfridges to see Father Christmas when I was little (which we did every year for hours and never complained) I was told when I joined the queue that it was approximately 50 minutes but it was actually no longer than half an hour. If I had been told it was 3 hours I would have left the queue and rejoined later because although it's exciting to get new colours it isn't life or death if they don't arrive until a couple of days later.

I'm so excited for the dublin show after reading the last few pages of this thread.. I'm being very reserved and not buying anything til then and have hidden my credit card from myself in the meantime, unfortunately I know the number off by heart so that proves I can have willpower... Sometimes... Whoohoo

I haven't read through all of the posts here but I definitely get the gist!

I spent almost the whole of the show up on the gallery working on the Nailympics so watched from afar. S2 is always rammed but this time: WOW!!

I know how hard they've worked on crowd control every show and they spend more and more on making it better. They don't want to upset customers or other stands!! And as for just wanting your money.....um, yes they want that too! After all they are a business. As technicians, don't you want your clients money even if you do sometimes upset some of them by having no room in your appnt book??

I have to say, I don't get this moaning about 'show deals'! If you want a bargain go to all the market stall that are on the periphery! Shows are about learning from demos, talking to the experts about any problems you're experiencing etc. They should be a mini teaching course and all for the price of your travel! With so many experts and demos on that stand there was time for everyone.

I just do not get queueing for 3 hrs then complaining! Don't queue!

That stand was genius and, in my opinion, an 'industry standard' for how modern design, company investment and technology can work for businesses (except when WiFi fails!!!)

I too am giving a high five to this post ... because it said everything I could not! :Love:

So now I will crow on behalf of S2 ... that gorgeous stand and the concept behind what it offers our customers, IS pure creative genius .. Samuel Sweet Geek Genius .. clever, innovative and a new bar for others to try and reach ... it is quite frankly unique in the annals of show stands and I can tell you, that if we hadn't had, 'in house', :biggrin: the grand master coder, we could never have afforded the kind of investment it would have cost to write the code necessary to make the tecnnology work ... no one else would have understood what we and our customers needed, even if they had had the capability.

Absolutely brilliant job and hours and hours of it done while supposedly on holiday at mine in Spain (and that was only a fraction of the time he spent over the last year) .. we hardly saw hide nor hair of him the whole visit ... but it was lovely to have him there all the same.

Chapeau!! Samuel and the S2 team X

It's not easy reading nor is it pleasant having your ass handed to you and so publicly on this forum. :Scared::o:cry:

I would however and feel that we must indeed recognise and more than anything, empathise with those who had the horrible wait. You have every right to be upset with the queues on Sunday. Who in the hell would want to queue for that long? No one really when all said and done.:!:

Of course this wasn't our intention and it taught us a lot in the process. When Monday went so smoothly we truly saw what we could accomplish when technology goes well and runs as it should.

Around 6:30pm I watched Sam put his head in his hands looking truly miserable because after all his hard work, he felt he had ultimately failed you all and your show experience due to the glitches first thing that caused the almighty queues. He has been working on the code tirelessly for over 3 months (even when we were away I didnt see him as he was coding). I'm not giving excuses... just telling you from my heart how it is. His every move was to make it a better experience for you but when technology fails it can screw you up and this is what happened... :grr:

However... Monday allowed him to redeem himself because the whole system worked like clockwork.:Love: Doesn't help those who came on the Sunday but Monday was what Sunday should have been.

Some of you have touched on things that are our ultimate goal but before you can reach your goal you have to go through the steps and journey... our ultimate goal being no queues at all. :DThere is a method in everything we do and our ultimate aim is to continue to Serve the Pro in the best way we can and with our hearts.

Many posts in this thread have implied many negative things about us and whilst I won't relive some of the nastiness I will just say as I said at the beginning... it's not pleasant (not do I see this happen to any other company on here when they have problems... ) ultimately, when we see we are failing you, we try to become better and do things better and at this show we implemented many things that people were complaining about from the last show. :D

But as I have reiterated, anyone there on Sunday was justified with their queuing hell... As to deals... There was a whole booklet full of deals. I ask you to please stop making out like the problems was all on purpose and we didn't care about it. If you understand S2 and our culture as a company then you would realise how wrong some of the perceptions I have read, are!

There have also been some truly wonderful supportive posts from those of you who did queue, managed to have fun and enjoy the journey even with the horrid 3 hour wait. :hug:Thank you so very much for the positive attitude and your kind words here. I very much appreciate it. :Love:

No doubt when Sam comes back from the SquareHouse (yes he went straight there to help the team so we could get parcels out ASAP trying to eliminate any backlogs from show and launch today)... That he too... Will be sharing his thoughts on this thread.:cool:

Last edited:
Actually there were many many offers at the show as there always are. :biggrin:

I could list the speial deals if you want --- and many things that if ordered were sent free of charge to avoid the inconvenience of carrying heavy bags around at the show!

Nice touch also is that if people are on the Lovecnd salon locator, their purchases counted towards that as everything was linked to the customer number so they did not loose out by purchasing at the show ...

Customer number also meant that no unauthorised or untrained could purchase (another concern for many at shows).

Many many positive things that have been asked for have been addressed as these were big concerns for many in the past. The Sweets do listen carefully and acted but funnily enough I havent seen any appreciation yet for addresing these much talked about issues (but maybe I've missed that?).

I just have to say that I thought that was going to be the case but I asked the girl twice if she wanted my customer number and she said no we don't need it!so my order won't go towards me being on locator!

Samantha, can we get a stand next to a bar next time??!!!!.....a few drinks along the queue would have gone down nicely lol

I do feel for you all, I really do.
Having been an IT manager for 15 years I have personal, first hand experience of what happens when the IT sh!t hits the fan. We lost 18 months' worth of patient data at Southampton Hospitals when the new database didn't back up properly.

We all of us, every single last one of us, know that none of it was on purpose. Why on earth would a company deliberately set out to upset its customers. It just wouldn't.

Respect to you coming on and taking the flak, Samantha.
And remember, automatic one minute, all to buggery the next!
Go easy
x

I went to Olympia, stood in the queue & realised/took the decision to leave the queue even though it was only 10am on Sunday morning. I made the decision not to wait & order it online. We all had that choice. It was a shame it didnt run smoothly but no one forced anyone to queue. My order is arriving from S2 tomorrow & I cant wait!!!! All the product are available online :):D

Samantha, can we get a stand next to a bar next time??!!!!.....a few drinks along the queue would have gone down nicely lol

A cocktail bar! With shellac names .... ;)

Would just like to add, if I may, from The Tibby Olivier POV, our launch with S2 was the most amazing experience, from the sheer size of the stand which was kept as a surprise :Love:, to the beautiful monogrammed tunics, the wonderful TOTs (Tibby Olivier Trainers !) holding demos and answering questions.

We also got to witness 1st hand the experience and professionalism of S2 and the enormous support they have from their customers. Yes, technology did what only it can do BUT that should not take away anything from what was very clear to see, the hard work put in from the behind scenes staff who prepared it all in the early hours and who were still working into the early hours of this morning, to the front of house staff and to Mr Geek who had obviously put months of thought and preparation into those two days.

Fabulous :D

Roll on Dublin

Last edited:
I'm imagining shellac bottle shaped cocktail glasses with the brush as a stirrer!!!

It's not easy reading nor is it pleasant having your ass handed to you and so publicly on this forum. :Scared::o:cry:

I would however and feel that we must indeed recognise and more than anything, empathise with those who had the horrible wait. You have every right to be upset with the queues on Sunday. Who in the hell would want to queue for that long? No one really when all said and done.:!:

Of course this wasn't our intention and it taught us a lot in the process. When Monday went so smoothly we truly saw what we could accomplish when technology goes well and runs as it should.

Around 6:30pm I watched Sam put his head in his hands looking truly miserable because after all his hard work, he felt he had ultimately failed you all and your show experience due to the glitches first thing that caused the almighty queues. He has been working on the code tirelessly for over 3 months (even when we were away I didnt see him as he was coding). I'm not giving excuses... just telling you from my heart how it is. His every move was to make it a better experience for you but when technology fails it can screw you up and this is what happened... :grr:

However... Monday allowed him to redeem himself because the whole system worked like clockwork.:Love: Doesn't help those who came on the Sunday but Monday was what Sunday should have been.

Some of you have touched on things that are our ultimate goal but before you can reach your goal you have to go through the steps and journey... our ultimate goal being no queues at all. :DThere is a method in everything we do and our ultimate aim is to continue to Serve the Pro in the best way we can and with our hearts.

Many posts in this thread have implied many negative things about us and whilst I won't relive some of the nastiness I will just say as I said at the beginning... it's not pleasant (not do I see this happen to any other company on here when they have problems... ) ultimately, when we see we are failing you, we try to become better and do things better and at this show we implemented many things that people were complaining about from the last show. :D

But as I have reiterated, anyone there on Sunday was justified with their queuing hell... As to deals... There was a whole booklet full of deals. I ask you to please stop making out like the problems was all on purpose and we didn't care about it. If you understand S2 and our culture as a company then you would realise how wrong some of the perceptions I have read, are!

There have also been some truly wonderful supportive posts from those of you who did queue, managed to have fun and enjoy the journey even with the horrid 3 hour wait. :hug:Thank you so very much for the positive attitude and your kind words here. I very much appreciate it. :Love:

No doubt when Sam comes back from the SquareHouse (yes he went straight there to help the team so we could get parcels out ASAP trying to eliminate any backlogs from show and launch today)... That he too... Will be sharing his thoughts on this thread.:cool:

I'm really sorry, I truly didn't intend to get everyone bashing S2. I was frustrated with a few things and I should have calmed down before I said anything. This thread was honestly started to ask a few things about shellac but I think I worded it wrong and people took it to mean something different so all I can do is apologise and hope I'm more eloquent in my future posts.
Xxxx

Not being funny guys but you chose to
Queue? It was the launch of an absolutely massive product, and it only took a max of 3.5 hours to get it? S2 haven't failed you at all. They served you, and for the launch of such a big product- I think they did so in quite a timely manner. I think s2 offer so much as a brand that we have come to expect blood. It was a technical error that caused issues, not bad event management etc.

Maybe next time incase of emergency they should do two queues- one for new launch and one for existing products? Then you really do have the choice! X

I went to Olympia, stood in the queue & realised/took the decision to leave the queue even though it was only 10am on Sunday morning. I made the decision not to wait & order it online. We all had that choice. It was a shame it didnt run smoothly but no one forced anyone to queue. My order is arriving from S2 tomorrow & I cant wait!!!! All the product are available online :):D

And there you go, thats the way to do it, make a decision then act on it, wise move x

Read this whole thread. Am pretty flabbergasted at some of the attitudes. Although I didn't attend this year (I have flu) I've queued up at S2 at every show for new colours/launches. I don't recall there being armed guards preventing us from leaving the queue.
They have a superb product, widely in demand, and you get to get your hands on it first, and you MOAN?
You expect them to bring their entire catalogue of products and sell it off cheap like a sort of beauty boot fair? Are you mad?
Clearly they invested a vast amount of time, effort and thought, as well as a shedloads of money into this product launch, with a new stand, systems etc. give them a break.

If you feel that you could run a high profile distributorship far better than they can, then I suggest you have a go yourselves before criticising. I'm damn sure it's nowhere near as easy as you think.

Lets face it, if you want bargain bucket cheap cr@p, shellac ain't the product for you. If you want to be part of something that's the leader in it's field, with exciting new launches, then quit whining and queue up like a man!!

Not being funny guys but you chose to
Queue? It was the launch of an absolutely massive product, and it only took a max of 3.5 hours to get it? S2 haven't failed you at all. They served you, and for the launch of such a big product- I think they did so in quite a timely manner. I think s2 offer so much as a brand that we have come to expect blood. It was a technical error that caused issues, not bad event management etc.

Maybe next time incase of emergency they should do two queues- one for new launch and one for existing products? Then you really do have the choice! X

Am I the only one a little bit star struck that Samuel sweet has liked my post :D

Never thought anyone would actually read it xxx

Good things are worth queuing for ;)

Latest posts

Back