Is anyone else frustrated by Essie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also spoke to Harjit she is very helpful and yes they have all of the colours in stock. I will be placing my order tomorrow I feel like everything is back to normal :)

Jules - did they have more colours in stock than what is advertised on the Alan Howard website. I also use Essie so wondering whether to stick with it or change!! Also why isn't L'Oreal dropping the contract with AH?? I am very confused as to what to do!

Yes they have them all! Not sure why there's only 20 or so online but doesn't matter once you get the order form :) definitely call Harjit. From the wording used in essie and louella belle's statements it sounds like they had a bit of a falling out (just a guess) and now AH is basically replacing louella belle as an external distributor. As long as Harjit sticks around and they have the full stock levels im happy haha!

Yes they have them all! Not sure why there's only 20 or so online but doesn't matter once you get the order form :) definitely call Harjit. From the wording used in essie and louella belle's statements it sounds like they had a bit of a falling out (just a guess) and now AH is basically replacing louella belle as an external distributor. As long as Harjit sticks around and they have the full stock levels im happy haha!

Fab, thank you so much!!

Hi please don't be offended by what im going to say. But when you start seeing brands such as essie entering the likes of the high st in drugstores such as superdrug and boots.Then personally I would starting investing in a brand that stands by the terms "professional".It is such ashame to see brands like essie and opi to name but a few appearing In these types of drugstores for the" billionaire band wagon". I bet if you were to go into superdrug or boots now where they've started stocking essie you would find the lastest colours there, All of sudden its push the qualified professional as side and lets promote diy treatments.That is not fair for the professional that these brands claim they support.

Last edited:
I completely understand what you are saying. However boots and superdrug do not stock the professional formula. Only therapists can buy that. Since boots have been stocking the high street version of it more and more of my clients want to buy the professional formula from me which is great for my retail sales. Essie is still my favourite in terms of colours and application. It being more in the public eye is just boosting my treatments and sales x

I completely understand what you are saying. However boots and superdrug do not stock the professional formula. Only therapists can buy that. Since boots have been stocking the high street version of it more and more of my clients want to buy the professional formula from me which is great for my retail sales. Essie is still my favourite in terms of colours and application. It being more in the public eye is just boosting my treatments and sales x

But thing is your saying you cant get the latest colours in the professional formula isn't that going to degrease your sales,when client's cant buy the latest colours from you.But then I guess it is hard to change brands when you've found one that works and you're used to using. :hug:

I have managed to get the new colours. It was a case of l'oreal being unresponsive and not passing on the correct details. I've now been put in touch with the lady at Alan Howard the new Essie distributors to mobile therapists and they have all the colours in stock plus all treatment products and the new Essie gel range. So it's all systems go again. It was just frustrating the way l'oreal were dealing with the transition of distributors. But your right once you find a brand both you and the clients love it's hard to change. I have been using Essie for over 6 years now it's a shame to see them sell out and go main stream but I have been lucky enough for it to have a positive impact on my business. I was worried it wouldn't go this way but so far so good x

Latest posts

Back