Is anyone else having trouble finding stylists to hire?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haircoven

Reaction score
I’m just wondering if anyone else is having trouble finding stylists to hire? I opened my salon right when the pandemic hit and now I can’t find anyone to work !!! I have tried posting on social media, indeed, behind the chair even Craigslist hahah. Does anyone have any suggestions????

Yes we are struggling massively. We've been advertising chairs for a reasonable price, flexible hours, great benefits in a newly refurbed salon, since June. So far we've only had mild interest. We potentially have a stylist starting this spring/summer, fresh out of college.

However, interest from nail techs and beauticians has been constant. We've never advertised for new nail/beauty staff, but we get so many enquiries. I'm guessing this is because day courses/online courses are so popular and convenient now that everyone seems to be a nail tech. Have you got the facilities to accommodate something like this instead of hair?

I think it's just a scary time for the self employed. Working from home/mobile seems to work really well for stylists, so why would they want to be tied down and paying chair rent?

How about reaching out to stylists directly? Find local stylists on facebook/instagram and if you like their work, drop them a message!

Yes we are struggling massively. We've been advertising chairs for a reasonable price, flexible hours, great benefits in a newly refurbed salon, since June. So far we've only had mild interest. We potentially have a stylist starting this spring/summer, fresh out of college.

However, interest from nail techs and beauticians has been constant. We've never advertised for new nail/beauty staff, but we get so many enquiries. I'm guessing this is because day courses/online courses are so popular and convenient now that everyone seems to be a nail tech. Have you got the facilities to accommodate something like this instead of hair?

I think it's just a scary time for the self employed. Working from home/mobile seems to work really well for stylists, so why would they want to be tied down and paying chair rent?

How about reaching out to stylists directly? Find local stylists on facebook/instagram and if you like their work, drop them a message!
Yah It’s crazy!!! I will I never thought about reaching out to stylists in the area !!! Thanks!!!

Congratulations on starting your salon and getting through the pandemic :)

You are slightly outside the area Saks Apprenticeships cover, about 5200 miles, but have you considered looking at hiring an apprentice?

It's a great way to develop your team, build staff loyalty and help the younger generation into this fantastic industry!

This looks like a good place to start if you want to go down this route... Division of Apprenticeship Standards - Start an Apprenticeship Program.

Good luck with building your team.

Chris

Congratulations on starting your salon and getting through the pandemic :)

You are slightly outside the area Saks Apprenticeships cover, about 5200 miles, but have you considered looking at hiring an apprentice?

It's a great way to develop your team, build staff loyalty and help the younger generation into this fantastic industry!

This looks like a good place to start if you want to go down this route... Division of Apprenticeship Standards - Start an Apprenticeship Program.

Good luck with building your team.

Chris
Thanks so much!!! I will look into that!!!

Latest posts

Back