Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!! Have you had your interview and everything I think most of us have had our interviews and are just waiting for taster sessions or enrolment :)

<3 Stephanie <3

I spoke to someone on the phone who told me I would have a place and now they've invited me down to see the campus on 7th July & to do some more form filling! So excited :)

I'll be 29 when the course starts so I'm guessing I'll probably be one of the oldest in my class lol X :)

I'm doing the same :) so excited!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh that's great! I can't wait and it's nice we're doing the same course at the same time. It will be interesting to compare. I'm going to East Kent College in Broadstairs X :)

Well the college I have my interview with today is sussex coast college in Hastings the lady who does my nails said she did her nail acrylics course there but I dont think they do it anymore

<3 Stephanie <3

arh cool thats where i done my nails course and where i'm going to be doing hair, i got my interview on the 15th july but i think it going be as progression.
who interviewed you?
the uniform was black with pink stripe for beauty level 2 surprised they've changed it so much.
they not doing nails no more as so many people dropped out last year and this year by the end we were only down to 5 in the group :sad:

I spoke to someone on the phone who told me I would have a place and now they've invited me down to see the campus on 7th July & to do some more form filling! So excited :)

I'll be 29 when the course starts so I'm guessing I'll probably be one of the oldest in my class lol X :)

I'm 31 so I'll probably be the oldest in my course too :( x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Ill be 33 &#128513;

arh cool thats where i done my nails course and where i'm going to be doing hair, i got my interview on the 15th july but i think it going be as progression.
who interviewed you?
the uniform was black with pink stripe for beauty level 2 surprised they've changed it so much.
they not doing nails no more as so many people dropped out last year and this year by the end we were only down to 5 in the group :sad:

Ah small world! Do you live in Hastings then? I can't remember who did my interview ha it was a women. I quite like the uniform they have now but yeah I dont mind blue/grey
<3 Stephanie <3

I'll be 31 when the course starts x

I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't a school leaver :) I'm sure there'll be a mix of people and ages X :)

I would love to be able to do this course at my local college but working full time doesn't allow me to take a day off in the week for this course!
Back to the drawing board of finding the relevant day courses. Good luck to you all I'm so jealous! X

yeah well st leonards lol. i have't seen the uniform yet wonder if they have changed the hairdressing one as well.
if it going be the same tutors 3 of them are really nice when u get used to them :)
i still feel like the oldest as im 34 and one girls on my nail course said her mum was only 2 years older then me :/

yeah well st leonards lol. i have't seen the uniform yet wonder if they have changed the hairdressing one as well.
if it going be the same tutors 3 of them are really nice when u get used to them :)
i still feel like the oldest as im 34 and one girls on my nail course said her mum was only 2 years older then me :/

Im not sure it was a blonde lady that said they were changing it im on the part time course so its over 19s im 24 and one of the other girls was 28 I think.

<3 Stephanie <3

Eldest lady in my course is 64 two years younger than my nan :) you would never think it. Other women in my class are 42, 37, 32 so you may find more people your age than you think x

Had my trade test today for level 3 hair and it was successful! The assessor was really pleased with my highlights and cut. So excited now! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done sarlouise!

I just realised they said my taster session would be 1st 2nd or 3rd of july and I havnt herd anything about it yet! Shall I give them a ring or just wait to hear from them?

<3 Stephanie <3

Well done sarlouise!

I just realised they said my taster session would be 1st 2nd or 3rd of july and I havnt herd anything about it yet! Shall I give them a ring or just wait to hear from them?

<3 Stephanie <3

I haven't heard anything back from my college either it's so frustrating! Yet iya only been 3 weeks since my interview.

Well done sarlouise!

<3 Stephanie <3

Thank you! Phone them definitely. The admin at my local forget about me so I had to keep pestering for this test so best if you sort it yourself! Xx

Had my trade test today for level 3 hair and it was successful! The assessor was really pleased with my highlights and cut. So excited now! X

Yay well done! Bet you are excited to start X :)

Well done sarlouise!

<3 Stephanie <3

I would definitely call them ASAP as I got my letter through to go down to campus 2 days after I spoke to someone X :)

I would definitely call them ASAP as I got my letter through to go down to campus 2 days after I spoke to someone X :)

I just spoke to them and they said the part time people dont have a taster day its more for school leavers im fine with that as I didnt really have any childcare for it!

<3 Stephanie <3

i know there is one tomorrow, as i was in today picking up my portfolio, i remember when fulltime was 5 days all day now it's only 2 n half days so only half day longer then part time!
i got my interview on 15th with one of top department as it going to be progression, just bit nervous wish was over and done with lol

Latest posts

Back