Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone :D

Went for my interview on Monday, would have updated sooner but phones been playing up! Anyway all went well, my uniform will be grey, not purple! Didn't have to do the tests so was pleased about that haha!! How is everyone else getting on?xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi everyone :D

Went for my interview on Monday, would have updated sooner but phones been playing up! Anyway all went well, my uniform will be grey, not purple! Didn't have to do the tests so was pleased about that haha!! How is everyone else getting on?xx

Hey glad it went well! Greys not to bad! Iv heard nothing since my interview apart from being accepted might start pestering them :p I think ill go in on Monday as I need to see if the financial forms are in. I want kitttt and uniformmm and exciting stuff :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey glad it went well! Greys not to bad! Iv heard nothing since my interview apart from being accepted might start pestering them :p I think ill go in on Monday as I need to see if the financial forms are in. I want kitttt and uniformmm and exciting stuff :p

Thanx,I don't mind grey :) I got my acceptance letter too. I've got my uniform and kit forms, just waiting to here from funding xx

Thanx,I don't mind grey :) I got my acceptance letter too. I've got my uniform and kit forms, just waiting to here from funding xx

I havnt heard a thing about uniform or kit :/

Hi ladies. Sorry been a bit AWOL lately. I had my enrolement where I met my tutor and all the other girls in my class. Also got my student card (discounts, yay!) my kit/uniform ordering form and also my timetable. I have ordered all the stuff, just waiting for it to come now. I start Monday 1st September. The first week is only 3 days just kinda getting to know the course I guess and then I start properly on Monday 8th. Oh I also filled out my finance forms, luckily my course is paid for and I get a grant towards living allowances as well. So exited to start now!! Xx

Hi ladies. Sorry been a bit AWOL lately. I had my enrolement where I met my tutor and all the other girls in my class. Also got my student card (discounts, yay!) my kit/uniform ordering form and also my timetable. I have ordered all the stuff, just waiting for it to come now. I start Monday 1st September. The first week is only 3 days just kinda getting to know the course I guess and then I start properly on Monday 8th. Oh I also filled out my finance forms, luckily my course is paid for and I get a grant towards living allowances as well. So exited to start now!! Xx

Yay that all sounds so exciting im jelous! I might go in today and find out whats going on :/

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406532928.130712.jpg

This is my kit, all fits in my case apart from my two dolly heads which I have in the bag that came with my kit 😃

View attachment 71454

This is my kit, all fits in my case apart from my two dolly heads which I have in the bag that came with my kit 😃

Oo looks lovely where did you get the case from? Love the leopard print :D

Hi there! This is my first comment on this site and seems a good place to introduce myself! I'm Catherine and I'm hoping to start a part time level 2 in beauty this September.
I have my placement lined up but haven't yet had my college interview - my local college don't start interviewing until early September so I won't get a letter until mid August....assuming that I even make the interview stage!
Very frustrating as I'm super keen and raring to go but I'm taking the opportunity to do as much reading up as I can. Fingers crossed I get that letter soon!
Anyway, looking forward to talking to you all! X

It's from roo beauty, I brought it last year when i was going to start a beauty therapy course, I changed my mind and decided to do Hairdressing instead this year

Fits loads of stuff in and saves carrying everything because it's on wheels with a handle

Hi there! This is my first comment on this site and seems a good place to introduce myself! I'm Catherine and I'm hoping to start a part time level 2 in beauty this September.
I have my placement lined up but haven't yet had my college interview - my local college don't start interviewing until early September so I won't get a letter until mid August....assuming that I even make the interview stage!
Very frustrating as I'm super keen and raring to go but I'm taking the opportunity to do as much reading up as I can. Fingers crossed I get that letter soon!

Hi, I'm a Catherine too 😃

Hi welcome! ! Im also doing beauty level 2 part time iv had my interview but nothing else yet :( im also ready to go the waiting is killing me ha I just want to get started :D

It's from roo beauty, I brought it last year when i was going to start a beauty therapy course, I changed my mind and decided to do Hairdressing instead this year

Fits loads of stuff in and saves carrying everything because it's on wheels with a handle

Oo looks lovely! Im gunna have to get a nice case for all my beauty stuff ill wait and see what I get in my kit first I rung the college today and the bloody financial forms still arnt in :banghead:

Ok I just got a letter inviting me to do a trade test for level 3!?! Im doing level 2! But I rung them and they said I could go in an enrol and get my kit forms yayyy

Ok I just got a letter inviting me to do a trade test for level 3!?! Im doing level 2! But I rung them and they said I could go in an enrol and get my kit forms yayyy

:D xx

:D xx

Ugh college are driving me mad I couldn't enrol or get my forms aparatnly I DO have to do the tests they just accidentally put level 3 on every letter so now im kinda freaking out I have to do an anatomy and physiology written test and a file and paint trade test! ! Is that normal when iv never done beauty? Obviously i havnt learnt any of that stuff yet!

Ugh college are driving me mad I couldn't enrol or get my forms aparatnly I DO have to do the tests they just accidentally put level 3 on every letter so now im kinda freaking out I have to do an anatomy and physiology written test and a file and paint trade test! ! Is that normal when iv never done beauty? Obviously i havnt learnt any of that stuff yet!

That has to be wrong! You haven't learnt the trade yet how can you possibly do a trade test? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

And it basically says if I dont get 70% on the tests I dont get on the course! Eeek help :/

That has to be wrong! You haven't learnt the trade yet how can you possibly do a trade test? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I no im like freaking out!! Obviously I can file and paint a nail but I don't know how THEY want me to do it. It makes so sense at all! And I dont pass I dont get on the course! :eek:

I can't imagine they will make you do a trade test, you haven't trained yet?

Ring college tom to find out. I'm doing my level 3 beauty therapy, have my interview next week. I did my level 2 10 years ago recently started a mobile business. I hope they don't test me I need to brush up lol

Does anyone know if they do for Level 3 ? My course is an adult evening course.

Latest posts

Back