Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe hairdressing is different to beauty industry as VRQ's aren't frowned upon.

Charlie is looking to studying hair- hairdressing is different as you train differently.

I can't speak for beauty maybe someone else which experience in beauty recruitment could tell you.

But also remember it's not a internationally recognised qualification.

Yes it's def different then. Nvq's are no more in out area, with VRQ's being the way forward in beauty. We are assessed on carrying out treatments on ppl so big difference. Employment not an issue with VRQ. Good luck with your training to the girl starting in sept anyway:) I'm sure you will go the right path;-)

Thankyou :p I contaced my college and got the VRQ situation all sorted (for beauty), its as you say the NVQs are being replaced thats all, im ok thou as long as i can progress onto the level 3 beauty/massage route i really cant wait :D:D

I'm starting back to do Make Up Artistry , Also just been awarded funding to do my nail training as well! Exciting times a head! xx

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I have sorted out a course in a different college now. I'll now be going to Canterbury college and going the NVQ route. It turns out the uniform is different but that's all I've lost as I can use my kit there the same :) X

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I have sorted out a course in a different college now. I'll now be going to Canterbury college and going the NVQ route. It turns out the uniform is different but that's all I've lost as I can use my kit there the same :) X

Glad you got it sorted! Could mayb sell your uniform to someone starting that hasnt got theirs yet? X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm starting back to do Make Up Artistry , Also just been awarded funding to do my nail training as well! Exciting times a head! xx

Yay make up artistry sounds fun! Welcome :)

Glad you got it sorted! Could mayb sell your uniform to someone starting that hasnt got theirs yet? X

Yes I'll try that X

Can you not return it? And get a refund

Yay make up artistry sounds fun! Welcome :)

Thanks, Yea really excited now, nervous now I think about it lol! Hope everybody else enjoys there new courses :D ! xx

Thanks, Yea really excited now, nervous now I think about it lol! Hope everybody else enjoys there new courses :D ! xx

Its always scary starting something new but its exciting I can't wait :)

Its always scary starting something new but its exciting I can't wait :)

Yeah I know ! First weeks always the most awkward week, What is it your going to study this year?xx

Yeah I know ! First weeks always the most awkward week, What is it your going to study this year?xx

Im doing my beauty level 2 :)

I've finished school in June, if you need and help with anything from studying to technique, feel free to ask!
I have KIK: Scrabbledat or you can email me, [email protected]
:) good luck

I had a nice pressie when i got home.my acceptance forms for starting hairdressing level 2 @ the college I wanted. I have 2 weeks to accept the place. Only thing is I have an interview at another hairdressing college where I did my beauty next tues so I'm goona go to that and at least I know what's available at both colleges. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had my enrolment letter today, got to have my id pass done and pay my fees on the 27th august :)

As I'm going into my second year, I don't go to the enrolment I just start on the 21st and enrol then. Just ordered my kit and uniform, so excited to get going :) just hope it all turns up before I start! Xx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

Glad you guys are getting stuff sorted I have no idea whats going on with anything iv given up trying to get info now! Got my taster on the 26th so hopefully find out more then

Off to the college today to get some forms :) also gotta tell them I'll be on holiday on enrolment day, the 28th, but have been told they can enrol me the week after so hopefully that's true, getting exited now!! :D x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got an interview at my local college tomorrow :) feeling a little nervous but positive :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back