Is argan oil safe to use on children?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for reading!
Can anyone advise whether argan oil could be used on the facial area of a small child with dry exzema-prone skin? (A family member, not a client)
If so could anyone recommend a supplier of top quality oil?
On a professional note how popular is it with clients when used in facials?

I am a great advocate of Argan Oil and I use it on myself, my clients and I shout about its properties.

I see no reason why you can't use it in small amounts on a child for eczema - as it is highly moisturising. The only caveat would be that the child is not allergic to nuts.

I suggest it to my clients as the best anti-ageing product around - provided they don't mind the smell of peanut applied to the face - the smell doesn't last long though.

As to producers, I get mine from a supplier in Morocco (the home of Argan) as I went round the factory and trust the product as being pure bio argan oil. It's not cheap but it is worth every penny.

I don't have the company details to hand but if you PM me, I will dig it out and let you have them.

My four year old son has eczema which is getting increasingly worse as the weather gets colder. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had success with argan oil and eczema, as his usual prescribed creams - doublebase and others aren't touching it this year and his fingertips have begun to split :sad:

If you do a google with keywords, say "can argan oil help with eczema" or something like that, you will get loads of info on the benefits of the oil.

I can say with hand on heart that it helps in cuticle repairs so I'm sure it will help with split fingertips. There should be no problem at all with using Argan as it has no chemicals whatsoever. But best to maybe go for an organic argan range.

Thanks. I have just ordered some pure organic argan oil and hope that it may help :)

If you ask for the MSDS from the supplier you should find out its constituent parts which will assist with determining whether it can be used on an eczematous child.

Thank-you so much for your thoughtful and erudite replies. There are many amazingly well-informed geeks on this site! I am going to proceed with due caution and I will let you know how we get on. xx

Latest posts

Back