Is Bio Sculpture Acrylic??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a leaflet from a Biosculpture tech at my local leisure centre and it actually says that acrylics are harmful to your nails!

Sam xxx

I picked up a leaflet from a Biosculpture tech at my local leisure centre and it actually says that acrylics are harmful to your nails!

Sam xxx

You will find a lot of "Gel Only" techs have been brainwashed by their trainers / suppliers that Gel is the be all and end all and that L&P damages your nails.

It could also possibly have something to do with the fact that they DON'T want to do L&P so scare clients who might potentially ask for L&P off by stating the above nonsense.

It does seriously p*ss me of that fellow techs could damage our own profession by spreading such bol**** !!

Marlise

You will find a lot of "Gel Only" techs have been brainwashed by their trainers / suppliers that Gel is the be all and end all and that L&P damages your nails.

It could also possibly have something to do with the fact that they DON'T want to do L&P so scare clients who might potentially ask for L&P off by stating the above nonsense.

It does seriously p*ss me of that fellow techs could damage our own profession by spreading such bol**** !!

Marlise

Gel is arguably worse for nails than L&P as it's more difficult to remove and the chemicals often used in it's formulation (not Brisa)

Gel is arguably worse for nails than L&P as it's more difficult to remove and the chemicals often used in it's formulation (not Brisa)

wooo..hold on there cowboy !!..:lol: now i cant argue science with you cos you'll win hands down...but once the gel is on, there is no need to remove it any more often than with L&P so why would gel be considered worse...??

I personally don't think any system just sat there on your nails is going to cause any damage.

Have to confess, I just pulled a gel nail of my finger because I'm frustrated at work and to be honest, it wasn't that difficult to remove :lol: :lol:

My natural nail looks absolutely fine.

Marlise

wooo..hold on there cowboy !!..:lol: now i cant argue science with you cos you'll win hands down...but once the gel is on, there is no need to remove it any more often than with L&P so why would gel be considered worse...??

I personally don't think any system just sat there on your nails is going to cause any damage.

Nail Structure & Product Chemistry (second edition) page 161:lol:
Speak to Doug

Have to confess, I just pulled a gel nail of my finger because I'm frustrated at work and to be honest, it wasn't that difficult to remove :lol: :lol:

My natural nail looks absolutely fine.

Marlise

mmmmm, perhaps better prep is needed then, i've known peeps to rip holes in their nails trying to prise gel off (when it's applied correctly)

I always wonder how people pick off their biosculpture. I have had the odd corner lift ,but only as a result of severe abuse... like removing staples!:cry: I know! How people can actually remove whole nails I can't understand!

mmmmm, perhaps better prep is needed then, i've known peeps to rip holes in their nails trying to prise gel off (when it's applied correctly)

Now Carl, the gel overlay has been happily sitting on my nail undisturbed for 4 weeks with no lifting or problems.

The only reason why it came off, is because I used my teeth and I WAS DETERMNED to get it off.

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with my prep and application.

I always wonder how people pick off their biosculpture. I have had the odd corner lift ,but only as a result of severe abuse... like removing staples!:cry: I know! How people can actually remove whole nails I can't understand!

It's called perseverance !

Marlise

If an overlay can be 'picked off', bitten off', 'prised off' etc etc with absolutely no damage to the natural nail, it really is not on there properly! Just like Nailzoo says!

That is NOT a bonded overlay

Nail Structure & Product Chemistry (second edition) page 161:lol:
Speak to Doug

I haven't got it....(its on my wish list)....but i am guessing its about the buffing it off. Again, this rarely has to be done...only when someone decides for whatever reason that they no longer want the overlays and in that case i never remove all the gel anyway...so i am never actually on the natural nail. I trust my filing techniques 100% and as long as I can say that, then i can positively say that what i use is not worse than L&P....

I can see where soaking off can be seen as kinder than buffing when you have a file happy nail tech, but i do think that thats what its all about ... the person using the file....not the gel.

Now i must get me that book....:)

If an overlay can be 'picked off', bitten off', 'prised off' etc etc with absolutely no damage to the natural nail, it really is not on there properly! Just like Nailzoo says!

That is NOT a bonded overlay

Perhaps it's not then.

However, I must admit it did take me a while to get it off, but then again, I suppose it was badly applied....... even though it lasted 4 weeks before I got to it and didn't have any problems with it.

Marlise

Thanks for all your comments guys,

I think ALL systems are as good as one and other for different reasons. If you are competant in your work, then no one system is "better" or "worse" than another.

It is purley down to personal preference (what you prefer to work with) and what your clients needs are that should help you decide on a system.

I originally trained at college 5 years ago with NSI but didn't like the products (or the training!), so moved to Creative Retention+, then Moxie - I love that and would NEVER change. When I was ready to add Gel to my treatments I choose Brisa Gel after having a nail done (by Sam Sweet no less!) and was very impressed, but I was never 100% happy that it was a buff off gel, so that's why I chose Bio sculpture too, as it is soak off gel - again, different clients have different needs.

Much as I disagree with the way Bio have promoted themselves in the past, I do like their products! (There was a good thread/article about the subject on here a while back, 2005 I think but I can't find it - im sure someone will though unless it's been deleted?)

If you are choosing a system, why not get your nails done (somewhere reputable, or even by an eductaor for the company if possible) and try them out - take them for a test drive so to speak.

Latest posts

Back