is flawless pink needed on all 3 zones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieA

Reaction score
if i am doing a full set of natural tips on a lady who has alot of imperfections on her nails would i use the flawless pink powder? i havent used it before so would i use it on all three zones or just 2 and 3? if i only need to use it in zones 2 and 3 what colour do i use in zone 1?

if i am doing a full set of natural tips on a lady who has alot of imperfections on her nails would i use the flawless pink powder? i havent used it before so would i use it on all three zones or just 2 and 3? if i only need to use it in zones 2 and 3 what colour do i use in zone 1?

i tend to have a blend made, then another blend made less opaque then use normal pink in zone 3 ,
so i tend to use blend to camaflage in zone 2, then feather it and apply less camaflaged pink nearer zone 3 then normal pink in zone 3, you need to work quickly though, and really flatten out the camaflage colour and feather it into nail bed so you wont get any lines oh in zone 1 i would use a natural colour if she wants that, or mix a blend up to create a natural colour that is flattering to her nail
good luck
xx

i tend to have a blend made, then another blend made less opaque then use normal pink in zone 3 ,
so i tend to use blend to camaflage in zone 2, then feather it and apply less camaflaged pink nearer zone 3 then normal pink in zone 3, you need to work quickly though, and really flatten out the camaflage colour and feather it into nail bed so you wont get any lines oh in zone 1 i would use a natural colour if she wants that, or mix a blend up to create a natural colour that is flattering to her nail
good luck
xx
do you use the custom blending kit because i only have the ordinary powders, pink, intense pink, flawless pink, white and clear. would you not reccomend i use the flawless on its own then all over the nail? x

do you use the custom blending kit because i only have the ordinary powders, pink, intense pink, flawless pink, white and clear. would you not reccomend i use the flawless on its own then all over the nail? x

no hun ,. not on its own its too peachy and false looking
hth x
i dont have the cb kit only the powders that you have ,but i dont use it very often
its defo something i will invest in in the future

when i first used flawless pink to disguise my mothers imperfections i could see each zone in the nail after finishing, realised it has to be really tapered at each zone to keep the colour even , did the job though another geek recomended mixing intense with flawless , it isnt such a milky pink colour then, but i guess it depends on how opaque you want it.:)

so if i mix it with intense how do i measure how much i am mixing and at what ratio?

so if i mix it with intense how do i measure how much i am mixing and at what ratio?
thats trial and error im afraid!!
you need to practise this, plus write down your recipes aswell,
when adding perfect pink or intense pink you will lose the camaflage ness( is that a word?) lol

ok well i need to use it on thursday morning so ill just have to have a go and see what happens!!! :confused:

I mix flawless pink and intense pink 50/50 this hides most imperfections, if it is someone with a really good tan add a tiny bit of melting pot powder to make the mix warmer hth
use a large tip to measure with or a teaspoon

I just use a tiny bit of Flawless on the nail.. I fill the area at the smile line then feather a thin layer out into zone 3... it also depends on the natural colour of the nail bed as to if it will look good or not.. I have quite pale nail beds with lots of whiter hazy bits in it (oh to have lovely pink clear ones would be great!) so the Flawless is pretty spot on with my nail beds.. but makes my sisters look anaemic... I would recomend a custom blending kit when u can get one.. then u can make warmer or cooler coverage powders your self :)

Flawless is really difficult to work with on its own, especially if you haven't used it before.

I would say to use Intense Pink on Thursday as you don't have any time to practice and then in the mean time, before her rebalance, try out your custom blended powders to find the right mix for her, especially if you are wanting to extend her nail beds.

Edit....just reading your original post you are wanting to do a natural set.......what are the imperfections like, as intense pink, or any pink over the natural tip, won't look natural.

Would she not like them painted to cover the imperfections after you have applied the enhancements.....sorry if I sound a bit simple but I don't know how long you have been doing nails and your level of experience!

i actually dont use flawless anymore for ccb - i use clear, with abit of soft white, a tad of melting pot, a smidge of pink, then normally add some orange aswell - this works for me as i didnt like the flat look of flawless etc etc, its just a case of playing around with your powders to get the right colour flowerpot :hug:

I bought some flawless today, (Ellisons by the way, have everything in stock bar retention liquid)
I love it on it's own but i am a serious biter. I much prefer it than the pinks.
Might be just because it's new to me though and it's made such a improvement. :green:

Latest posts

Back