Is it a scam?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
So I've just had a phone call from someone. She started off by saying my facebook page has popped up a few times and she thinks my nails are beautiful so I thought it was a client but then she said she works in the beauty industry and is looking for a business partner. She said she wants to meet up with me for a coffee and a chat to discuss. Not really sure what to make of it :/ has anyone had this happen? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

This is common but what does she want a business partner for? Do YOU want a business partner? Discuss what? I'd make these things clear over email or phonecall before you go ahead and meet :) x

I personally wouldn't arrange to meet with anyone under those terms. As said above, find out exactly what she wants and why, then YOU decide if you want to go ahead with whatever it is.

I'm far to sceptical on things like this, last thing you want is getting there, her verbally tying you in knots.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
My scam radar is going off.

Be careful x

Jemima :)

Send her to me. I like these sort.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It could be someone wanting to recruit you for Forever Living or Juice Plus or something similar? I get that every so often x

I would pay to watch Virtues take her on lmao.

Ha ha. Thanks BP. What exactly are you saying. .

Probably not repeatable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It could be someone wanting to recruit you for Forever Living or Juice Plus or something similar? I get that every so often x

Me too, or some other pyramid scheme where you sign up & then recruit people under you... Or advertising, do not meet up until you know what it is she wants. It is much easier to say No & hang up than have someone sat there 'selling' you something you might not want to be a part of.

What ever it is, she will have her own business interest at heart. It could be an agency trying to sign you up, or a potential salon owner looking for someone to rent a room.

Xx

I absolutely love these sorts of calls. They amuse me to no end. (If I have time). I get about half an hours entertainment from tying THEM up in knots. Please give her my number.

My business name has the word "MOBILE" in it. What part of mobile do some people not understand? "I think you would benefit from a water cooler"
"Really? Does it run off the car lighter?"

I had a bloke ring saying his wife was a client and she praised my work and he had a great business opportunity for me.

"What's your wife's name?"

"Louise"

"I've never seen a Louise for nails in my whole career".

He hangs up.

Oh, the joys. :wink2:

I would definitely think it's a scam because she isn't very convincing, no info, nothing.

Sounds like Arbonne to me... Run!!

Sounds like Arbonne to me... Run!!

Just seen on fb a local selling page a Arbonne rep saying they don't want to sell just get the products out there, but offer a free mini facial. When asked if they are qualified to do this needless to say they didn't reply ..... X

Oh i had a guy collar me asking what i used to make my clients a cuppa. My answer? A kettle. I dont need a coffee machine thank you.

Its probably a pyramid type scheme, a Vie at home type thing etc. If they wont tell u the info over a call or email avoid!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

If you have her name, have a look on linked in. I find it really useful to check out people. MLM fans use linked in to help retail so there may be some info about her.
Vic x

I know a lot of people selling that arbon they say it's not selling it's just meeting up for a coffee etc I have been told the stuff is good and very Eco friendly. I am not involved bit it is getting quite popular I think. X

Latest posts

Back